Old 11-8-2021, 04:06 PM   #1
XelNya
Portable Universe
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
XelNya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Down in the deep
Posts: 3,247
Default A Flower Viewing [4K Pack]


^ Download Link is in the banner ^
Extra link just in case.
Official Mirrors: One Two (Thanks Foxfire.)

Hi everyone. Pack release a year plus in the making here. And my first lol.

Wanna give a few shout outs before anything else:

Dourgent: For helping with Ink and Blood. The notes helped a lot. Also for making me want to commit to this project in the first place. Your work's been a big inspiration for me.
Shadowgod: Extra help on Ink and Blood, really helped iron out the last few kinks that I missed working on Dour's notes. Also, some of the collabs, such as the first solo in Mad Pierro.
Foxfire: For playtesting [most] every file in this pack. It's really nice to have someone at a high skill cap to pass a file to, and get their feedback on how it plays, and parts that spiked too much. (Really helped on like Ink and Blood, and Extratone's Edit difficulty )
James May: Generally just making charting more fun again. Also for letting me bully the shit out of you for Pokari.
Drago - Your Say-So file is the influence for mine, and thus they ended up kind of similar? I feel mine is different enough, but I hope you don't feel like I stepped on your toes, or copied you with this. Your file was cool conceptually, but there were omissions and details I wanted to hit, and to be honest, I really like this Japanese one, I can't say I like the English one quite as much.
T-Force: For letting me snag Malevolent Mansion for the pack, and helping with the original chart that I remade into what it is now.

Everyone else who contributed. Was fun to finally make and [actually] release something.

Song List:


Any-who, real notes about the paq:

1. If there is an Edit file, don't play it first. Usually these files contain sections I nerfed, or just thought would be hilarious to watch say like, Foxfire play. Or in one case, Fox himself gave me the idea.
2. None of these songs were NOT made with the ability to rate them in mind.
3. Some of these files are remakes. Some of these files are reworks of their originals, or simply files that never got accepted elsewhere, or rereleases.
4. Boss Battle is a collab from Xoon Legacy between MarioNintendo and myself. The original submission was this one, but Kommi only wanted the Edit one, and released it that way. When Mario released his complete works, he released the Hard one, that was left out of the Xoon release, but without the Edit file (as I had apparently never sent it to him - oops.) This file is only here because 1. It's fucking awesome 2. So it's finally released as intended. Hard is literally just trills instead of jacks.

This project was supposed to only be around 10 or so files, but I kept having fun, and wanted to add a little bit of everything. Hopefully everyone likes at least one file. That was kind of what I am hoping for. Thanks to everyone who helped, or chatted with me about any of these, playtest any of them, and anything else I've forgot.

Also, I'm not arrogant enough to think this will happen, but just in case: if the file in the pack is mine, do NOT convert it for osu. If it's not mine, seek permission from the person who made it, thanks. If it's a collab, with me, the answer is still a hard no. FFRMania has permission for every file of mine except for Levitating, as it won't make sense if converted.

If someone wants me personally to recommend a few things related PURELY to my own files in here:

1. I'd start with files like Ano Yo Iki, Battle Pressure, and Ink and Blood as they're probably the most approachable here.
2. Then I'd play say, Odo, Say So, and Just Like You as the base line for the more experimental files.
3. Fear In a Handful of Dust is meant to be the finale, as it's easily the hardest file here, and don't let the ratings tell you otherwise.
4. My personal favorite file in here from me, is Septette for the Dead Princess.

I'd also recommend folks not skip Twisted Swordsmanship. I really feel that file is gonna get slept on, but it's a good time, and it actually rates really nicely if that's your thing. But all the guest files are good, so honestly, don't skip any of them.

Regardless, thanks for reading, hopefully downloading, and playing.
- Kaho
__________________

Last edited by XelNya; 11-10-2021 at 02:05 PM..
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2021, 04:33 PM   #2
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
gold stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Posts: 5,883
Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: A Flower Viewing [4K Pack]

THICC paq

You should play this 9/10
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
butts.



- Tosh 2014






gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2021, 06:38 PM   #3
XelNya
Portable Universe
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
XelNya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Down in the deep
Posts: 3,247
Default Re: A Flower Viewing [4K Pack]

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
THICC paq

You should play this 9/10
It's a lot thiccer than I intended that's for sure lol
__________________
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 02:07 PM   #4
XelNya
Portable Universe
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
XelNya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Down in the deep
Posts: 3,247
Default Re: A Flower Viewing [4K Pack]

Official mirrors were added, and totally just an excuse for me to bump.

__________________
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 05:09 PM   #5
Shadow_God_10
It's Lewdy, baby!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Shadow_God_10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 29
Posts: 1,984
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10
Default Re: A Flower Viewing [4K Pack]

I guess you could say it was bumped because you SAY SO
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antori View Post
i can't vote shadow god because his profile picture gives me motivation to check on the thread regularly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
we can play the speculation game but fucking hell I'd rather go through shadowgod's fucking hentai backlog than entertain that discussion entirely
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Shadow_God_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 06:02 PM   #6
XelNya
Portable Universe
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
XelNya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Down in the deep
Posts: 3,247
Default Re: A Flower Viewing [4K Pack]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
I guess you could say it was bumped because you SAY SO
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WAITING TO SAY THAT JOKE.
__________________
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 11:21 PM   #7
Lights
owo
FFR Veteran
 
Lights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 123
Default Re: A Flower Viewing [4K Pack]

hey cool a pack. I like some of the song choices here- i look forward to trying it out.
Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 02:39 PM   #8
katanaeyegaming
#FearTheWyvern
FFR Veteran
 
katanaeyegaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Age: 18
Posts: 336
Default Re: A Flower Viewing [4K Pack]

PAQ. Also nice song selection.
__________________
It is known that wherever you may go we will follow you
#Fearthewyvern

katanaeyegaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 04:15 PM   #9
XelNya
Portable Universe
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
XelNya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Down in the deep
Posts: 3,247
Default Re: A Flower Viewing [4K Pack]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lights View Post
hey cool a pack. I like some of the song choices here- i look forward to trying it out.
Looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katanaeyegaming View Post
PAQ. Also nice song selection.
It hits a lot of genres, and even where it overlaps they instrumentals are super different. Also, PAQ.
__________________
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 01:15 AM   #10
Shadow_God_10
It's Lewdy, baby!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Shadow_God_10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 29
Posts: 1,984
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10
Default Re: A Flower Viewing [4K Pack]

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WAITING TO SAY THAT JOKE.
A LOT longer than you think :smirk:
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antori View Post
i can't vote shadow god because his profile picture gives me motivation to check on the thread regularly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
we can play the speculation game but fucking hell I'd rather go through shadowgod's fucking hentai backlog than entertain that discussion entirely
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Shadow_God_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 04:58 PM   #11
XelNya
Portable Universe
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
XelNya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Down in the deep
Posts: 3,247
Default Re: A Flower Viewing [4K Pack]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
A LOT longer than you think :smirk:
Like what, when I sent it to you the first time? lol
__________________
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 05:15 PM   #12
Shadow_God_10
It's Lewdy, baby!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Shadow_God_10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 29
Posts: 1,984
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10
Default Re: A Flower Viewing [4K Pack]

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Like what, when I sent it to you the first time? lol
Around that time, yes.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antori View Post
i can't vote shadow god because his profile picture gives me motivation to check on the thread regularly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
we can play the speculation game but fucking hell I'd rather go through shadowgod's fucking hentai backlog than entertain that discussion entirely
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Shadow_God_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 05:16 PM   #13
Lights
owo
FFR Veteran
 
Lights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 123
Default Re: A Flower Viewing [4K Pack]

I like your pack, but its a little too jacky for my tastes.

Some fire song choices though. I'm a sucker for any chart of Marigold and I wasn't ready for it to be a jack skillcheck file.

Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 05:44 PM   #14
XelNya
Portable Universe
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
XelNya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Down in the deep
Posts: 3,247
Default Re: A Flower Viewing [4K Pack]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lights View Post
I like your pack, but its a little too jacky for my tastes.

Some fire song choices though. I'm a sucker for any chart of Marigold and I wasn't ready for it to be a jack skillcheck file.

Fun fact, the Marigold file is based heavily on the Deemo file that's the hardest. So where that one spikes, this one spikes / within reason of course.

But yeah I have to say, I did hit the jack patterns a lot in here on a bit of thinking on it.
__________________
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution