Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk

Old 06-20-2018, 11:16 PM   #1
URL
Rainbow Enthusiast
FFR Veteran

Default How to unlock "Marisa Stole the Precious Thing"

I've just earned this particular token, and I wanted to share how I did it, in order to reduce suffering in the world by a tad. Hurray, me.

NOTE: My path was inspired by .Rarity's video on him earning the token. Mine is not identical, but I would've had much more trouble planning it were it not for him.

So, here's the precise formula. Variations are definitely possible, but if you don't have time for that, this will work perfectly anyways (unless it doesn't, in that case, please leave a comment and I'll correct it). I followed this precise algorithm myself, and you can check everything's right by comparing whatever you do with my replay.

Just one thing. ONE SINGLE BOO AND YOUR RUN BECOMES RUINED. So, don't do that.

1) Hit not a single one of the first eight notes. Think of the Health Bar as being an indicator of how many misses you have left, the maximum being 20. In this manner, having the bar full and hitting a note is a waste, since your number of remaining misses is still intact, while you've not actually missed anything. This is why you need to get your HP as low as possible before actually building up your combo. Otherwise, your misses won't add up to the desired amount.

2) Hit any note in the next jump, and afterwards start building up your 214 combo. The first bit is necessary, or otherwise your Health drains out completely. The combo won't start counting after the next note you hit. Don't worry. That's normal.

3) Just after you hit your 214th consecutive note (which should be note #225), play close attention to the first and second column of notes. If everything's done exactly as said, a jump in these two columns will almost immediately follow. Miss it. And just afterwards, hit every single note in these columns, not one more, not one less, all the way to note #590, almost at the end of the song, when the electric guitar has just started playing.

4) Miss the next three notes on the two aforementioned columns, and continue as before until only two notes in the chart remain. If everything's been done correctly, your Health Bar should be at its minimum, and you should have 212 misses. You did it. Lay off your keyboard. Miss the last two notes and you should have your well-earned token.

My replay:
  • Highest CLEAN FC: Rave 1 [84]
  • Highest MASHED FC: grind4 [95]

All (or most) songs up to Level 27 AAA'd.

URL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2018, 01:17 PM   #2
QueenAshy
Banned

Default Re: How to unlock "Marisa Stole the Precious Thing"

Quote:
Originally Posted by URL View Post
I've just earned this particular token, and I wanted to share how I did it, in order to reduce suffering in the world by a tad. Hurray, me.

NOTE: My path was inspired by .Rarity's video on him earning the token. Mine is not identical, but I would've had much more trouble planning it were it not for him.

So, here's the precise formula. Variations are definitely possible, but if you don't have time for that, this will work perfectly anyways (unless it doesn't, in that case, please leave a comment and I'll correct it). I followed this precise algorithm myself, and you can check everything's right by comparing whatever you do with my replay.

Just one thing. ONE SINGLE BOO AND YOUR RUN BECOMES RUINED. So, don't do that.

1) Hit not a single one of the first eight notes. Think of the Health Bar as being an indicator of how many misses you have left, the maximum being 20. In this manner, having the bar full and hitting a note is a waste, since your number of remaining misses is still intact, while you've not actually missed anything. This is why you need to get your HP as low as possible before actually building up your combo. Otherwise, your misses won't add up to the desired amount.

2) Hit any note in the next jump, and afterwards start building up your 214 combo. The first bit is necessary, or otherwise your Health drains out completely. The combo won't start counting after the next note you hit. Don't worry. That's normal.

3) Just after you hit your 214th consecutive note (which should be note #225), play close attention to the first and second column of notes. If everything's done exactly as said, a jump in these two columns will almost immediately follow. Miss it. And just afterwards, hit every single note in these columns, not one more, not one less, all the way to note #590, almost at the end of the song, when the electric guitar has just started playing.

4) Miss the next three notes on the two aforementioned columns, and continue as before until only two notes in the chart remain. If everything's been done correctly, your Health Bar should be at its minimum, and you should have 212 misses. You did it. Lay off your keyboard. Miss the last two notes and you should have your well-earned token.

My replay:
This medal is super annoying. The highest miss count I got was 191. I wish I didn't have to suffer to unlock good songs. Also, my 214 combo note lands in the middle of a random section, when I'm pretty sure the intention is to have that note before jumps. I just can't seem to get it down.
QueenAshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-5-2021, 10:29 PM   #3
XCV
has nice tits
FFR Veteran

In case anyone else goes looking for this thread, something's changed about the way the combo works so that this exact method no longer works. I modified it as follows. This is unmirrored.

1. Miss the first eight notes.
2. Split the next two jumps. Miss the single note after these.
3. Hit the next 214 notes. The 214th note you hit will be the [12] jump the OP mentions.
4. Miss the next few notes, then hit the first single note you see on the left (column 1.) Move your right hand somewhere else (you won't need it anymore) and continue hitting only column 1 and 2...
5. ...until the section at note 590, which is 3 consecutive jumps. Miss one note with your left hand in addition to the ones you're missing with your right.
6. Also miss the last jump.

Hope this is helpful.

Last edited by XCV; 03-5-2021 at 10:30 PM..
XCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-6-2021, 12:10 AM   #4
MarcusHawkins
Constantly Improving!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MarcusHawkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCV View Post
In case anyone else goes looking for this thread, something's changed about the way the combo works so that this exact method no longer works. I modified it as follows. This is unmirrored.

1. Miss the first eight notes.
2. Split the next two jumps. Miss the single note after these.
3. Hit the next 214 notes. The 214th note you hit will be the [12] jump the OP mentions.
4. Miss the next few notes, then hit the first single note you see on the left (column 1.) Move your right hand somewhere else (you won't need it anymore) and continue hitting only column 1 and 2...
5. ...until the section at note 590, which is 3 consecutive jumps. Miss one note with your left hand in addition to the ones you're missing with your right.
6. Also miss the last jump.

Hope this is helpful.
Here's an example of what I did a couple months ago following that except with modified steps 2 and 4.
https://www.flashflashrevolution.com...replay/424099/
Copy and paste the replay data into the R^3 Engine to view it.

For step 2, make sure that registers at a late jump, or you won't get that combo
For step 4, instead of columns 1 and 2, I used columns 3 and 4.
Also, to distill steps 5 and 6, just miss everything after you hit exactly 399 arrows.Booing is forbidden

Also hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Medley View Post

This man is three months too early.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
Guess I'll take another Quality Pack please. I won't have Hawkins luck but I'm sure I'll have badluck7772.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
what the fuck marcus lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
You should all thank MarcusHawkins btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDRNGGin View Post
Marcus is probably going to be the main man to win this (You will always be my DDR brother for life, MarcusHawkins! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Kitten View Post
Best Newbie
1st: MarcusHawkins: 4

Up And Coming FFRer
2nd: MarcusHawkins: 3

Last edited by MarcusHawkins; 03-6-2021 at 12:11 AM..
MarcusHawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-6-2021, 01:38 AM   #5
Andrew WCY
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

My strategy is quite similar to some of the strategies others used. This is how I unlocked the token:

1. Play on mirror, and if it helps, use a lower scroll speed. (I normally play on 2.95x but I used 2.5x for this occasion)
2. Miss the first 8 notes.
3. Miss 1 note in the upcoming jump and hit the other note.
4. Keep hitting notes until you reach 214 combo.
5. From here onward, miss the left and down notes, and hit the up and right notes perfectly.
6. On the 6th jump from the end, miss the up arrow.
7. Hit the remaining notes perfectly.
8. Miss the last 3 jumps.

My replay for reference: https://www.flashflashrevolution.com.../replay/412440
Andrew WCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 02:56 AM   #6
Viisbyxa
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew WCY View Post
My strategy is quite similar to some of the strategies others used. This is how I unlocked the token:

1. Play on mirror, and if it helps, use a lower scroll speed. (I normally play on 2.95x but I used 2.5x for this occasion)
2. Miss the first 8 notes.
3. Miss 1 note in the upcoming jump and hit the other note.
4. Keep hitting notes until you reach 214 combo.
5. From here onward, miss the left and down notes, and hit the up and right notes perfectly.
6. On the 6th jump from the end, miss the up arrow.
7. Hit the remaining notes perfectly.
8. Miss the last 3 jumps.

My replay for reference: https://www.flashflashrevolution.com.../replay/412440
Thank you very much! Sorry for the bump but I wanted to clarify some things for anyone else slightly confused:
*Step 6: the 6th jump from the end is the first jump of the second set of three in a row.
*Step 7: this means to continue only hitting the up and right arrows after missing that one. In other words, just hit right arrow twice after the jump in question, then stop.
I couldn't tell you where exactly 214 combo is, but it felt pretty natural to me after a few tries. Maybe it helped moving my eyes from the combo counter to the play area upon hitting 214.

Anyway thanks again for helping me finally get this token!

Best AAAs: Gacha Gacha Cute Figu atto Mate [56], Song of the second moon [52], Musicmaker RX [52], Wish (Reprise) [51], Nyanyanyanyanyanyanya! [51], Exogenesis [51]
Quest for Scarhand: 3+ blackflags on Pure In Asia, blackflag on Iced Innocence
2020 update: all of these got bumped up 4 (rip Scarhand unlock), rusty, new AAA Power Rocket [56?]
2021 semiannual return: Connect (HOUSE SOUL REMIX) [57] (was blackflag from 2013), second blackflag on Call Upon the Seaponies; 2023: Polar 240 [56]
BFs: 127 and counting (as of 2013-11-10)
Viisbyxa is offline   Reply With Quote