Old 07-21-2021, 04:59 PM   #1
GUNSforHIRE43
FFR Player

Default FFR keeps Crashing During Gameplay

Hello, I need some help my FFR game keeps crashing when I try and play a song. I can just about paly 30 seconds of a song before the application closed due to a crash. I downloaded the game to my pc do I need to adjust any thing to keep it more stable any info helps.
GUNSforHIRE43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 09:18 PM   #2
Untimely Friction
D6 Challeneged
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR keeps Crashing During Gameplay

sounds like something is severely wrong with your pc o-o. That just shouldn't happen lol
Untimely Friction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 12:07 AM   #3
GUNSforHIRE43
FFR Player

Could it be an issue with adobe just to make sure which adobe do I need to run the game.
Old 07-22-2021, 04:00 AM   #4
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNSforHIRE43 View Post
Could it be an issue with adobe just to make sure which adobe do I need to run the game.
I believe the FFR download includes the necessary version of air required.
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
Today at 12:53 AM
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class
Rapta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 10:19 AM   #5
HBar
2020 Returnee
FFR Veteran

What’s your graphics card? Recent versions have updated some things about how graphics work, have you tried older versions like 1.0.1 or 0.0.8?

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/....1.Release.zip

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/....8.Release.zip
Old 07-22-2021, 10:44 AM   #6
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

This is the first iteration I've seen of the game physically crashing for someone, if true, to put into perspective of how uncommon a crash is.

I'd bet that it's something on your end, whether it's a really old computer or something is set up incorrectly.

If the above downloads crash in the same fashion, what Operating System (OS) are you using? Hardware (Processor, RAM, Baseboard if available)? If it's windows, should be able to find 'settings', 'system information', or 'system properties' by looking around in control panel.

If you're using windows 10 and don't know what GPU/Graphics Card you're using, can find out quickly by opening 'system information'. The full name is under System Summary -> Components -> Display.

But to echo what was said earlier in the thread, it shouldn't happen. It's a flash game, that has minimal RAM usage so it's not typically going to cause a crash. If everything's fine in the hardware department, then I'd say the downloaded version of the game was set up incorrectly. Make sure you're unzipping the folder correctly, and moving all the files from inside the zipped folder, to any New Folder outside of the zipped folder, and then play the game.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 07-22-2021 at 10:49 AM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 02:40 PM   #7
GUNSforHIRE43
FFR Player

I have tryed downloading and i got a blue screen of death and or a computer restart i have followd other downloading instructions on youtube but they all crash when i start a song. I have a newer computer gaming pc bought at best buy this year and i cant find a reason why this game is unplayable on it just dont know what to do next.
Old 11-18-2021, 08:02 AM   #8
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNSforHIRE43 View Post
I have tryed downloading and i got a blue screen of death and or a computer restart i have followd other downloading instructions on youtube but they all crash when i start a song. I have a newer computer gaming pc bought at best buy this year and i cant find a reason why this game is unplayable on it just dont know what to do next.
Send BSoD (Blue Screen of Death) info on why it crashed, if any. It should give you a general reason as to why it crashed on the blue screen.

Again, you are the first instance in 2 million players where the game blue screen's or computer restarts on you from playing the game, so there is something severely wrong with your computer not pertaining to just FFR. Most information people are gonna be able to give you at this point is general hardware support, and if you have no idea how to maintenance that, then you should take your computer in to have it looked at by a professional.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 09:10 AM   #9
katanaeyegaming
#FearTheWyvern
FFR Veteran

This is interesting. Reading through this confirms that while my PC is shit at least it ain't bluescreening mid game of something like ffr

katanaeyegaming is offline   Reply With Quote