Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Health and Fitness

Old 03-5-2021, 08:17 PM   #1
m3t4kn1ght
I have a calico cat
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to m3t4kn1ght
Default Upper body tips for lower body enthusiasts

I've been given a lot of advice in upper body strenghth, but it has never applied to my way of workouts too much. I'm just wondering if theres people that have a similar workout regime.

I'm trying to build some more upper body strength. I havent been able to swim much since covid broke, and I'm just left with skateboarding. It would be great if it had any effect on the upper body, but it trains your legs and abdomen for the most. I really want to get into something fun that also trains the upper body.

I would love to stay healthy and train the upper body but I feel it's senseless if you think the process is tedious. If you're not enjoying it you're just doing it for aesthetics. I would love to do something that's athletic and enjoyable to train.

Basically, all I'm wondering is if any of you practice a sport that trains your upper body a lot without it being lifting weights in a gym. I wan't to be more healthy and improve my body, but I just can't hold out on doing weights and pullups since it really bores me to tears.

bouldering used to give me a lot of pleasure but it's not as easy to find a place to do so in the Netherlands.
Old 03-5-2021, 08:29 PM   #2
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Upper body tips for lower body enthusiasts

Back when I cared about that I used to do indoor/outdoor climbing and parkour, and always meant to do water polo but never got around to it

Edit: yoga/Pilates is also much better for upper body strength than you would otherwise realise and has other benefits too

Last edited by Bolth mannn; 03-5-2021 at 08:32 PM..
Bolth mannn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-6-2021, 01:57 PM   #3
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to aperson

Rowing, XC skiing, breakdancing.

aperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-6-2021, 02:42 PM   #4
Rivaloo
Banned
FFR Veteran

tbh, and this'll sound almost kind of corny, you could try bowling with a really heavy ball XD as long as you don't over strain of course on you're wrist utilizing good form (and technique ofc)...

I've had some people tell me tennis believe it or not was actually a good candidate for upper body and that sounds like one of the least boring ways - maybe a company can make custom weighted tennis balls or some thing who knows XD

edit: aperson mentioned break dancing which reminds me of gymnastics o_0 you could learn to do a back flip combo??

Last edited by Rivaloo; 03-6-2021 at 02:56 PM..
Rivaloo is offline   Reply With Quote