Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files

Old 12-26-2020, 03:24 PM   #21
Mollocephalus
Free COVID-19 test inside
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus
Default Re: CosmoVibe Unreleased Packs and Charts, a Revamped Guide, and a Web Embed Library

Continuing with the reviews!

Magnolia
The only song of these three I already knew from before you sent me this! All of these are beautiful and very interesting songs with a lot going on, and this chart is incredibly satisfying to play. Contrary to some of your earliest works, this is also a great song to try and score well on. 9/10

Myosotis
I liked it, and the song is awesome, but there was this weird feeling where you were layering a note for each sound, but the song was really quiet at that point. It feels weird to hit hands and quads without some strong sounding cues, and while I understand you need to stay consistent with the approach throughout the song, I personally would have sacrificed that consistency in order to better represent the intensity of that passage. With that in mind, it's still a really good file. 8/10

Marigold
For me, this takes the crown as the best and most fun file of the series, with a lot going on and complex patterns that flow incredibly well. Everything's perfectly on point: intensity, climax, duration, difficulty. A masterpiece. 10/10

Last edited by Mollocephalus; 12-26-2020 at 03:25 PM..
Mollocephalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 04:17 PM   #22
choof
youtu.be/sM5hlrkaPSo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: CosmoVibe Unreleased Packs and Charts, a Revamped Guide, and a Web Embed Library

deemo boss series is gr89
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Accurate. Most of my friends have been women.
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 04:20 PM   #23
Mollocephalus
Free COVID-19 test inside
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

Complextro Pack:

Cloud Nine
The file has many moments of brilliance, especially how the streams go with the synths. But also other confusing moments, like the long quad hold. Something interesting is clearly going on there and could be used as a buildup for the following part. The choice of ignoring the main melody and focusing on the percussions is a bit questionable in the beginning, but eventually pays off whn the song gets going. 8/10

Icarus
Awesome take, you really squeezed everything out of this one. My only small gripe is how again here you use the technique of adding a note for each sound, eventually using minijacks to accent specific things, but the problem is there are a few crash sounds that only happen a few times in the song, much louder than the rest, and I think in that situation you could have made an exception and made them hands or quads. But it's only a nitpick. 9/10

Magic
Liked it but felt it has a bit of missed potential for minijacks in the beginning. It's good! 8/10

Virus
Dude, why don't you cut this one? This really didn't have to be almost 4 minutes long, half of the time it's just a repetition. I feel like there were more sounds to make it more interesting than it is now, regardless of lenght. One thing I liked though is that some sections feel almost hypnotic, going very well with the theme of the song. 7/10

Wobble Impact
It's ok I guess, very chaotic but manages to never become retarded like it could easily be with these rhytms. 8/10

Yggdrasil
Honestly, i can hardly think of anything better you could do with this. Stunning chart. 9/10

Zomgirl
I'm not the biggest fan of this song but it works, nothing much to add. 8/10

Last edited by Mollocephalus; 12-26-2020 at 04:20 PM..
Mollocephalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 05:58 PM   #24
loftyb
FFR Player

I wonder if the term “Ghost Notes” is too archaic when applied to charting in 2020, but I appreciate that you’ve recognized how ghost notes can be positive and thoughtful instead of taking the old head “it’s just bad charting” mentality.

You did an awesome job revamping this my guy
I will definitely read the whole thing and try to apply some of this to my own stuff
loftyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 04:10 AM   #25
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

You don't have our collab in there and I'm kinda hurt by that
Old 12-31-2020, 04:08 PM   #26
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
You don't have our collab in there and I'm kinda hurt by that
OOOH you're right, I actually don't know why it's not on my computer anymore, lemme find it and add it in

EDIT: done, <3 you

Also added a new article: http://cosmovibe.com/ncguide/groove.html

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music

Last edited by stargroup100; 12-31-2020 at 04:30 PM..
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 05:44 AM   #27
ilikexd
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

ilikexd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 07:21 AM   #28
ElectricZap9
FFR Player

And I fought this bar was something of a tongue twister

I guess that's what Death Grips gets for being so mainstream and average lol
Time to move onto to what real folks listen to:

Music taste moment: I still consider The Beatles as the best (and better) boyband but I guess I'm not a real folk then.

Last edited by ElectricZap9; 01-16-2021 at 07:40 AM..
ElectricZap9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 06:37 PM   #29
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

Added a new chart to the Easy 6k files pack, posting because there's no timestamp on the pack file.

There are, however, some updates to some other charts, including new graphics for Planet KARMA! Sort by the "Last Updated" column to check to see what the newest additions are.

Old 02-6-2021, 04:42 PM   #30
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

This should be stickied imho, even if just for the charting guide, since most other guides are dated to 2011-2013.

Also this charting guide has in-browser chart examples, which puts it miles ahead of other guides by including an interactive/video-play perspective.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-8-2021, 09:18 AM   #31
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

My guide is already stickied. The link hasn't changed, I've merely updated the contents.