View Single Post
Old 08-22-2020, 10:14 PM   #16
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Private Queue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
Can I ask you a genuine question? Why are you still here if you hate everything about it? Honestly, you never have anything positive to say at all.
No it's not a fair critique, how are we supposed to have anon stepcons if I can't anonymize the submissions? What's the point in having a new file OT if everyone just knows what's going to be in it? I honestly can't believe this is even an argument, I was so excited for all of these and it's effectively been killed by one thread.
I didn't say having more info is exciting, I said the changes were because it's a massive help. I said it before though and I'll say it again, if you can do such a better job at everything than do it, you rejected being on judgement staff after I offered the position to you, so as far as I'm concerned you really have no room to be this negative when you don't even want to be part of aiding things on FFR.
1. I'm vocal about my dislikes, and I do compliment when I feel it's earned it. The things that I dislike, I go harder on because I want change. You don't get that by being quiet.

As for why I'm still here? I dunno. I play the game sometimes, TWG is great. I met a lot of the best people I know on here. I owe FFR a lot.

Not that it matters.

2A. For the stepcon - fair point. But as for the official, just because we can see what songs they are doesn't equate to knowing the content.

2B. As for the OT, you know how against the private batch nature of the official I am. The files should be set in stone through strictly public batches. I know files have passed and been placed into the game without a proper batch - that's what I was getting at. Something that is consistent with the past. Which is why I said in my post that it could look shady to some people - which is at the very least - me.

2C. You're making an argument that I don't think works. You can see a file and still be excited to see where it's placed, what changes got made, ect. You're trying to fix an issue that isn't likely a problem. (I do not wanna speak for the public on this, so I'm leaving room for this point to be a bit moot.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
you rejected being on judgement staff after I offered the position to you, so as far as I'm concerned you really have no room to be this negative when you don't even want to be part of aiding things on FFR.
Let me correct you.

1. I was never officially offered a spot, I was on the second part of the test - which frankly, I'd bombed because I'd have outright 0 / 10'd the files for having wrong meta data, which completely negates the point of the test, and gives you zero information about my abilities. It would have been a completely moot test. I literally would have failed them and moved on.

2. I can be as harsh a critic as I want? My own ability to do it better be damned. The weight of my critique is tied to my own abilities, if you as the person it's targeted to think it has no value, just move on, or explain to me why you think I'm wrong.

But it's not like I have broken any rules regardless.

3. I do try to aid by being critical. I want things changed. I try to find the time to submit content to the game, I've in the past offered my time to place for the official, I have literally made threads suggesting changes I wanted most.

Let's go over my post though, because I think you interpreted it wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
You had this issue because there wasn't an announcement about it, and it happened to be found before there was a clarification. It looks shady af to some people.

We've talked about it before, but I personally absolutely loathe this way of doing things.

And it is uptight, it's a fair critique.

Also us having more info than ever isn't "exciting" it's "how it should be."
The first part addresses "I honestly don't understand why this is being brought as an issue considering NO ONE knew what was being submitted to the emails until a list came out in a thread. So it's really no different." My take on why that is / with how I'd have interpreted it.

The second part addresses this "we used to just privatize submissions all together surrounding the tournament and had internal batches" Not new knowledge, and is a bit more moot. I hate the internal batches. I think they're arguably unfair to the public, your desire for fresh files for the OT or not.

Third part addresses your response to this "I guess this ultimately won't change much of anything on the user's end. I just liked seeing what was submitted and privatizing the list feels a bit uptight." I disagree with you, and agree with Bmah here.

The last part is to this "You guys actually have WAY more info now than ever." Which you make sound like a good thing, which it's not. The game is entirely formulated on public time, submissions and commitments. The knowledge of behind the scenes should be public.

None of my post is rude, or harsh. None of it is negative (this time) but is personal opinion. Which is part of the discussion. That's just how it works in this forum setting. At the end of the day, ignore me if you want. You seem to think my comments have little / no value, which isn't unreasonable.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote