View Single Post
Old 04-28-2021, 01:51 PM   #11
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Seasons [Suggestion]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lights View Post
Failure in what regards? You've made a 2 claims in this post without really substantiating either of them. In what way has the tier points system failed- I personally find it to be a fun little minigame to work at while i play FFR and I'm not sure in what way its taking up "needless space". And how would the failing of the tier point system (as you put it) have any impact on an entirely different system?

You seem to be shooting the idea down without even giving a good reason why you don't think it'll work.
No one talks about tier points, especially in a competitive nature. Tier points are hopelessly out of date. Tier points don't accomplish a single damn thing the other statistics don't do, but better. Especially with the modern systems.

You finding them as a minigame is textbook irrelevant, but if that's what makes them fun for you, hey at least you personally found a use for them. I don't share that thinking. I'd have obliterated them from existence on the site literal years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ-9 View Post
The tier points system meant a lot more back when the only real global ranking metric FFR had before it was average rank, so I'd agree on that being not as useful anymore.

I think this additional top 100 is a step in a better direction when you compare those two systems based on the discussion so far. Considering its use of pre-existing design I'd think it better serve the resources it'd take up, but that's obviously a topic a dev would be more suited to comment on.

If there's enough interest, I believe it's worth trying for a year to see the results if nothing else.
I respectfully disagree with the take that they [tier points] meant more. Frankly since we've been able to view other level ranks, they're horribly outdated. They were, at best, a horribly curated goal sheet that neglected a large repertoire of the game's content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WirryWoo View Post
At least to me, that's more of a failure in execution vs. failure in the idea itself. Can you clarify why the idea would be considered a "failure"?
You didn't understand my point, which is shocking, considering you say it here. Which is indicated by me saying I actually liked the idea.

I think my "why it would fail" is earlier here, but to short hand: it will be rendered obsolete by following the same path a current system we have has taken.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote