View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 11:38 AM   #39
operationstrawbarry
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to operationstrawbarry Send a message via MSN to operationstrawbarry
Default Re: The General Degredation of Society

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinMan46 View Post
Sorry guys, but you're all wrong. I guess you just don't have the mental capacity to understand my views on this.
There is no right or wrong answer dude. Its like discussing which is a better religion. No one is always going to agree with you. So stating this means that you basically failed because not everyone will share you're point of view. Also to add, you're the one that brought this topic to begin with and to announce this BS and then blatantly calling everyone wrong and BS is just pure retarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdaddy View Post
Global Warming is a hoax, John Kerry is using it to sell you his carbon tax idiot.
You are obviously one of the idiotic people i mentioned above
I wish people would stop calling global warming a hoax like rajdaddy (at least come with evidence). Whether you think its a hoax or not, the fact is, global warming is affecting us. Check the stats and the climate system of the world in the last 10 or so years and then come back and say its a hoax. If you think global warming is a hoax, you must be in some retarded dimension that no one has ever heard of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
lmao did you really need to say "anthropogenic" when you could just as easily have used a word any one could understand
the internet is there for a reason. Look the word up. Here, Ill help you.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/anthropogenic

Has the world really come to this? I just used the internet to search a word. People can't be this lazy to use technology if its so fondly praised in this community.

Quote:
But that said, yeah, bias. I care if it affects me directly and I don't think it'll be happening any time soon.
But it is affecting you. Not just you, but everyone. Look up climate change stats and you will find that temperture and avrage tempertures have been rising. There have been more catastrophic natural disasters because of the influence of climate change whether hotter or colder. You really need to look at some of the matarial out there before you go blatently making statments without knowing anything about is. Human factors play a huge roll in why we have global warming, but to say that it doesn't affect anyone is purely not right when it really is. As a geography major, I urge you to reconsider that this green BS that you claim is properganda because what will you say when Global Warming really starts taking its toll. Its no longer properganda is it? It's ur life. There are islands in the Pacific oceans right now that will dissappear because of global sea level rises. You can't tell me that that's bull**** or a hoax?

1 half celcius is a lot considering life on this planet. take the position of the Earth at its current state. Its the only planet that we know of in the entire universe that has life. Planets such as Venus (Venus might not be a great example for this, but whatever) and mars don't have life because they are either to far or to close to the sun. Imagine if we were venus or Mars. We wouldn't be alive. i think ths same thinking can apply to the 1 half celcius which you apparently think is a joke. Imagine it going higher. What will you say then when we all incinerate. I might be exagerating here, but I dont think the possibility of sky rocketing tempertures because of global warming is an exaggeration escpecially since theres evidence pointing that global conditions have risen to a more concerned height.

Quote:
Contributing doesn't necessarily mean causing.
Although Chinese is my first language and english being my second, Im pretty sure that I have enough grasp of the english language to dispute this.

If you are contributing, then it means you are part of it, which means in this context what we are talking about, you are cauing the problem. What happened in the 1800s like you said may be something that we had nothing to do with as well as can't do anything about it, but what we can do right now is worry and do what we can now to prevent the current situation from going haywire. In the end, no matter what spectrum of the argument you agree or disagree with, lets just get one thing straight: we are all contribiuting to the global warming problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-o24 View Post
Not to be a total dick but considering your last 2 posts have been about almost nothing but Global Warming, we can consider the fact that this thread has moved on to that topic.
Advancement in technology and global warming should connect with one another. Its factories and industries around the world thats pumping green house gasses in the air which is the reason for global warming. But at the same time, its those industries that create those technologies. Of course its a vicious cycle of reproduction, but both topics connect with one another. The challenge of course is how to reduce carbon emissions from industries that make these so called technologies. Balance is always a tricky thing, but one that must be considered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming_Dingleberry View Post
Nature doesn't care, that's the only point that should be hitting everyone here. The only problem the earth is having is it's being infested with humans. Our problem is we care too much about humans and not enough about everything else. When we commit crimes we get locked up, when we get sick we have medicine, and since we have religion, thank God for pro-life, just more humans polluting the planet. Everything we do with technology helps humans become less and less likely to die off naturally, and of course all these advancements aren't helping the earth, only the humans. The worst thing that can happen is that humans will die, and the rest of the planet lives; it's actually quite a small sacrifice for nature.
I have the same view as you do which is the reason why spieces, plants etc.... evolve and adapt to the environment. Everything on this planet is expendible and basically we are all extras. Earth couldn't care loss if a giant meteor hits it, annhilated everything on the planet to the point of origin 4.5 billion years ago. The key to survival is to adapt and possibly evolve to compensate with change. If Speices can't do that, they become extinct. This of course wasn't the case for the dinosaurs considering no one could of seen a giant rock hit Earth at that time, but if it didn't dinosaurs would probably still rule the world and humanity would be extinct because of dinosaurs. You can't mess with survival of the fittest.

But ya... seriously, back to the OP (whatever that means). I can concure with this. I have girl friends that are always on their phones. Whats even funnier is that they are texting their friends who they are walking right beside of them. That to me is funny as hell. Instead of reading books, we play video games. Those who rather not play video games, read books. Its basically the same thing when conveying emotions, storylines and entertainment. Its just what we rather do with our time. I for one rather play video games than read books, but that doesn't really make me feel any dumber. The fact is on the wonderbra situation, its easer to create the wonderbra than to create a teleprtation device. For one thing, our society hasn't reached the point where we can understand or even know how to make a teleporting device. We are still at the basics. Even the idea of fusion energy is reletivly new idea. To me, you may be reading to many science fiction books to assume that we are in a stage that we can teleport anywhere we want. Id have to admit, its a cool idea, but in reality, we just haven't gotten to that point.

When it comes to texting, the faster you can text is usually better. Usually when people text, they are outside and on the move. By doing that, you simplify words and make them shorter or text only keywords, but when you put them together, although they might be grammatically incorrect, it still conveys the same message as if it was grammatically correct. Its communications. Basically, even if its incorrect in the formal terms, if someone else can understand whats being said, its mission accomplished. Of course the hope is that people wont use "text" language in school. If thats the case, then we have a serious problem.

Youth is a mess right now, but a hope is that they will evolve into manageble serious people that can handle future problems of the world. We can't guarantee this, but we can sure hope. To be honest though, its not as bad as everyone seems to think it is.

Last edited by operationstrawbarry; 06-19-2009 at 12:04 PM..
operationstrawbarry is offline   Reply With Quote