View Single Post
Old 01-19-2023, 01:34 AM   #60
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWG 204 - Forest Feast POST-GAME THREAD

For the record Bug I ain't arguing with you or how you handled the game in this situation; and it sounds like we pretty much agree on the spirit of the ruling regarding inactives in general.

I am arguing with SunFan because I don't agree with him though, but only for that reason

Game mechanics fascinate me and I'm always interested in how FFRTWG moves forward, so I am voicing how I feel things should go in ideal circumstances, nothing deeper

~

I think ShadoWolf's current Post Minimum rule is solid and is our best option. It's clear and gives players of both sides the kind of agency DBP is talking about because you can kind of tell hours out when someone is in danger be being modkilled, and the potential for a player to come back last second and be productive the last hour only benefits the health of the game in my opinion.

I wouldn't change a thing about it right now

I also agree the flip shouldn't happen before EOD. Other then it being the last town, the mod-killed player's alignment/role could confirm relations and drastically alter how much info town gets in a short amount of time. They'll eventually get that info, but it's more balance if it happens after voting---and honestly seems more satisfying for town since that voting phase would still require deductive reasoning and not just a flip giving an answer.

My complaint wasn't really about that though: I am simply saying that when the game is mechanically over, end the game. This EoD wasn't particularly emotional or intense but like if I had to play the last game's ending and then found out that the phase didn't mechanically matter I would delete my account. That's not a real healthy rule to have as a standard, and like I said it already sorta violates a near decade long established rule anyway.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter