View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #30
Doug31
Falcon Paaaauuuunch!!!!!!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Doug31
Default Re: 9th (and 10th?) Official Tournament -- D7 (and others?) Format Change?

I think all divisions should be run the same way. A player that's one of the weakest to make the cutoff for another division isn't going to want to be eliminated in the first round. This is true regardless of which division it's in.

But I think this would actually discourage players from trying even more for the most part. This is because with an average over many rounds, the weaker players have even less of a chance to win since the better players will do better in more of the rounds to get a better total score so that it'd be far too hard for a bad player to upset a good player. I.e., even if they were actually in more rounds, they'd still find reason to essentially give up even sooner than if it were elimination.

I think the normal elimination way is the best and should be done for all divisions. It works and doesn't really have many drawbacks. It keeps players on their toes working hard to stay in the tournament in each round. It's far more exciting at the end of a round to see some people eliminated than a couple people moved up and down a little in a cumulative score.