View Single Post
Old 09-3-2011, 10:35 PM   #17
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Plan_Bsk81127 Send a message via Skype™ to Plan_Bsk81127
Default Re: Possible FFR Rebirth Project?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
ways to improve FFR:

- get users off of the complacency pedestal that they're sitting on
- get users to be less rude and more welcoming as a whole to everyone, rather than treating certain people like shit - I mean, look at yaboy; he gets targeted left and right for being a douchebag and acts like one because he knows that no one will ever take him seriously. i've never had issues with him on DF; he's a cool person, but that's just me
- host more events that involve the community outside of the forums; advertise tournaments with larger prize pools on the front page to get more and more people involved - this will cause newer users to trickle into the forums and more involved with the community just so as long as people are willing to be nice to newer communities
- break elitism in a lot of different things, such as segregation of skill levels (which was a good idea in theory, but worked out horribly with people trying to steal the spotlight at the top of the chain), simfiling, etc.
- enforce rules as they're written, and follow through with them for everyone, regardless of who they are. There's a lot of people who think they can get away with acting like pricks to anyone/everyone and that will detract users from joining

oh wait, why the **** am I spending time typing this message? the same people who i'm targeting as assholes/pricks/morons/idiots are going to be the ones who follow this message with their typical sarcastic shit

i'm sorry, but I think that FFR's community is poisoning itself and it will never recover with certain people being in it, and I know that certain staff members feel the same way, so if you feel like calling me out on it, that's perfectly fine
Why havent you left the site yet?
Plan_Bsk81127 is offline   Reply With Quote