View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 12:13 PM   #184
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: On the subject of Toxicity/Community Check-in (TWG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
nobody NEEDS to say anything, or really play at all. friendly jabs and insults can be a part of some people's personality and how they banter with their friends. It doesn't make the person toxic, and I don't think they need to take a step back for any reason
Ok I lied. I'm coming back this once.

This post pretty much summarizes how I feel about posts like the ones from Shadow earlier. Posts in the games always just feel like friendly banter - or like I guess a good modern equivalent would be playing among us, where you would speak more on the cuff, and loose with your friends.

That's how I've treated TWG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
Serious talk. How hard is it to actually be like, somewhat genuine and just -say- things without the need to throw a ton of swearing or personal jabs into it. You may not think we need to, but maybe it's something bigger than that.
If I can actually be really frank with you all for a minute, I'm not like, unaware at all that the way I talk is off-putting to people, but it's not like I go too far, I'd expect people in this area to just, tell me if I'm being too rough.

Like there's two instances I can think of where everyone did just that, that's LTWG when I called Roundbox a white-knight, and actually funny enough when I blew up over being modkilled at roundbox.

I already feel less genuine because I actively go out of my way to keep my posts more tame. I think some of you are too boomer, and attached to swear words being swear words instead of just really versatile words.

In short, Trevor to answer your question, I'm already less genuine because I don't talk in twg the same way I do IRL. If I didn't like most of you, this conversation would be very, very different.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote