View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 10:39 PM   #18
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Default Re: FFR Community Pack 4 Released!

Abandon (Valor): Intense. Really like that dense minefield in the middle there, it's a nice touch. Some of the patterns I feel could spaced out better, but again, minor nitpick. 7.5/10

Avril 14th (Valor): I personally wouldn't have given the piano any miniholds whatsoever, but that's me. Cute little easy chart. 7.5/10

Boulafacet (moches): God, those mines and jack patterns made this infuriating to play. 7/10

Chain Dumbin' (Detrimentalist): This has to be a joke chart but I honestly don't get it. ??/10

Dancing Box (rog): The jack patterns when the song picks up and some of the mines are really obnoxious. It could be considered a minor nitpick but this chart just feels mad off to me just because of that, which is a shame too, because the beginning was very promising. 7/10

Deja Vu (Freemasons Remix) (Antronach): There were some patterns I didn't agree with but overall it's got a lot of good ideas and very fun to play. 8.5/10

Dirtwalker (Torrent): Pretty good. Nothing I can really pick out. 8.5/10

Drawcia Soul (Torrent): What the hell are some of those patterns. This is an example of why I dislike 32nd rolls to buzzes. They don't add much to the pattern flow, in fact sometimes getting in the way by spiking the chart difficulty, and you barely notice that they're following buzzes amidst all of the chaos. 6.5/10

Dstrukt (AlexDest): Solid chart. 8.5/10

Fatal Tragedy (iamme): Most of this chart is pretty good, but there are some really fucked up patterns, most notably the ones with polyrhythms around the jacks. These patterns are not only super gay to hit but destroy an otherwise consistent and fluid chart. 6.5/10
*Highly recommend fixing the above mentioned.

Final Battle VS Satan (Kommisar): I did not expect the huge difficulty spike at the end there. Overall pretty solid and fun, sorta oldschool. 7.5/10

Fucking Paranoid (Torrent): Those are some brutal xmod effects LOL. While the patterns themselves are ok and fun at first, this is probably one of the most repetitive charts ever. It was honestly several minutes of just at most 2 basic rhythms. I normally don't factor in song choice in my judgments when it's a matter of taste or style, but I question why this song was even picked. 7/10

Ghosts (Vincent De Moor Remix) (Torrent): I just feel like I'm tapping 8th notes the whole song. Nothing interesting happens. Plain and boring. 7/10

Gun Rock v2 (ferrari): Fun. Pretty straightforward. 8.5/10

Hand Throw (AlexDest): Lots of fun things happening in this chart. Actually kind of surprised me. The 2121 pattern threw me off a couple of times though. 8.5/10

I Wanna Give You Devotion (Antronach): It's got a couple of cool things going on, really chill chart. 7.5/10

INFINITE PRAYER (AlexDest): Jesus christ go easy on those mines. -_- 6.5/10

Loli Fishing Next 20,000 Leagues (Puppet):
[Challenge] Alas, I've been waiting to play this for a long time now. And when I hit the end I got mad. Chart the whole song next time ya pussy. >:[ The solo section is goddamn brilliant. 8.5/10
[Hard] Finally got around to playing this. Overall, it's a very nice cleaned up version of the harder chart, and once again you do the voice-trading thing really well. Only complaint is there were some sections where I could just feel you were holding back, where instead it should simply feel like you chose a lighter way to approach the song. 8.5/10

Lost Love (iRanch): Personally I would've ignored the 16th hihats in order to make clearer patterns instead of the chordstream, but there's certainly nothing wrong with this. 8/10

Made in innocent (dondon151): Patterns are planned pretty well, they're rooted nicely and flow well, and the control of note density makes this wonderful build-up to the climax. Superb chart. 9.5/10

Magical Voice Shower (iCeCuBEz v2): There's a lot of issues with layering consistency, pattern flow, and overall connotation. It doesn't detract too heavily from the chart but astute player/chart artist will very easily see these things. On the bright side, one particular thing I liked is the noticing of panning effects throughout the song. 7/10

Near Dark (Torrent): The repeating rhythm/pattern occurs throughout the entire piece, but there are enough things to add variation and the chart is short enough for it to be tolerable. Pattern choice does demonstrate a decent ear, as the sounds in this song are quite delicate. 7.5/10

Nippon Egao Hyakkei (skorpion9x):
[Challenge] The only negative things I can say about the chart are minor specific nitpicks, such as invisible notes. The chart's really simple, but it shows that an inexperienced chart artist is grasping the basics of chart design. 6.5/10

o'er the flood (IcyWorld): There's something about the flow of this chart that really matches the feel of the song. The build-up was effective and quite nice. Still not a fan of 32nd rolls though. 8/10

Purple Drank (Kommisar): Chart's good, but not my cup of tea. What the heck is that minewall though 8/10

Reon (Condoct vs Detrimentalist):
[Challenge] I see some really bold pattern choices here, which is fantastic. It's got the right idea and execution is so close to being a technically accurate chart. There are still some instances of inconsistent layering, and they result in a lot of climactic sections feeling underwhelming, but otherwise chart is really really fun. 8.5/10
[Hard] Pretty good chart, really fun. The layering scheme is more discernible than the Challenge chart, and a lot of sections were set up better, such as the beginning. However, the Challenge chart has much better in handling a lot of the fills and runs. All in all, each has its strengths. Personally, I think a little surgery with both of them could result in a really badass chart. 8/10

Retro City (00Razor00): Fantastic. The beginning is actually much more fun than the ending, so I was set up for a little bit of a disappointment. I think this is partially due to the song, but I also think a little more work would've polished that ending more. For example, putting consecutive bass/snare hits as the exact same double without enough development in between feels very odd to play. I especially loved the use of holds with the reverse pads and appreciated the choice of patterns for the 16th trill section. 8/10

Ringo's Theme (Kommisar): Seems simple and straightforward at first, but it's got a lot of fun little tricks thrown in everywhere. 8/10

Robotomy (Torrent): I am not even kidding when I say that this chart puts into question a lot of my philosophies regarding charts. When you play something amibitious and it works, something clicks and it just becomes one hell of a fun ride. This. Is. Ridiculous. 9.5/10

Satori De Pon (Valor): Nothing I can really say about it. It's alright. 7.5/10

Shion (Don): There are a couple of quite obvious technical errors, which is not something I'd expect from Don. Otherwise a generally basic, fun chart. 7.5/10

Since 1983 (cetaka): It's always impressive how this guy can take the dumbest polyrhythms and extra-dense chordstream patterns and manage to make them flow so smoothly. And of course, there exist huge difficulty spikes, not that it's realistic to bring the rest of the chart up the same difficulty. Still a fun chart. 8/10

Sorceress Elise (Kommisar): Chart's fantastic, hate the song. Not docking points for song choice though. 8/10

Switcharoo (Baq12): The solo runs in this chart are really funky and intense, due to really good usage of grace note positioning and holds. I also think the chart demonstrates a good understanding and appreciation for the song, and therefore turns out really good. Only complaint is that the slow down at the drum solo is the only thing that ruins this from being a great xmod chart. 9/10

Thanks For Nothing (moches): Mostly a really cool file, but I didn't understand the reasoning behind a lot of the color notes. The notes themselves though are spot on and just great. 9/10

Thrillseeker (IcyWorld): Mostly really fun but could use a nice polish. A lot of the sections are sorta messy or could've been done better. The concept as a whole though works and is a blast to play. 8/10

Training Mode (ferrari): There is no way that this song can not be fun. Jacks seem ever so slightly off but it's so fun and groovy that you just don't care. 8.5/10

Tsugaru Apple Mix (Torrent): Okay those are some fucked up polyrhythms. 6.5/10

Twirling Star (Wayward Vagabond): Really fun. Can't even find any mistakes. Personally though, I would've taken advantage of the panning effects. 9/10

Vivid In Heart (Kommisar): Solid chart, really fun. 8/10

While Tha Rekkid Spins (ferrari): The mine usage in particular caught my attention. It's used consistently and in moderation, and turned out to be extremely effective. 8.5/10

Windowlicker (Mr. Tea): I feel like the people who would the large majority of this chart exciting to play would find the bursty sections to be way too hard. On the other hand, I don't think there's too much you can add to the rest of the chart to bring everything into line. Putting this aside, the xmod tricks in this chart are simply superb. Not only are they sensible and fair but they fit with the song well. 8.5/10

...In A Movie (Charlo): The easier parts of the chart feel underlayered and empty compared to the rest. A couple of triples/quads would've really spiced up the chart a lot. I also didn't really agree with some of the pattern choices but this is a minor nitpick. I just feel like the chart would've gone much further if more planning went into the notes. 7/10

Bonfire (cedolad): It's simplistic and really fun. Only criticisms would be the following: Mines show a lot of good ideas and potential, but during execution they're a bit tight, which makes them a little bit annoying. The dubstep section could also be constructed a bit better. Adding some depth and putting a bit more work into the note positioning would prevent the occurrence of the mirror syndrome you have there. 7.5/10

(moches vs Mollocephalus) Gamma: Holy shit more dodgeball. All in all it was quite enjoyable. Oldschool style chart with a cool approach to the intensity of the chart, albeit being a bit mine-heavy. Only thing I could really point out is, and I could be wrong, I think you got the left/right of the siren panning flipped. lol 8.5/10

------------------------------------------------

And that's every single file reviewed. Some afternotes:

There's a lot of new chart artists I've never heard of before who show really great potential and/or already doing amazingly well. For me, the rising stars are (in no particular order) Arntonach, Wayward Vagabond, Lynn, mi40, Baq12, and Rumia. If you're not in this list, it's possible that there simply wasn't enough of your work in this pack for me to make a judgment about your overall skill, or maybe I've heard of you before.

My personal favorite charts (in no particular order):
- (moches) Apple Butter
- (Kil) The Least 100 Seconds
- (Gundam-Dude) The Clear Blue Sky v2
- (Rumia) lmbo
- Made in innocent (dondon151)
- Training Mode (ferrari)
- Robotomy (Torrent)

**I WAS TOLD AFTER I FINISHED REVIEWING THAT WAYWARD IS WC AND RUMIA IS KIL YOU GUYS ARE DIKS
***I AM FUCKING RETARDED I PLAY THESE FILES IN THE EDITOR I SHOULDVE KNOWN IT WAS KIL:

****AND ARNTONACH IS PROF RAINE GOOOOODDDDDDDD

And just for fun, for no particular reason, let's hand out some pointless, meaningless awards:
- The I <3 DnB award goes to... mi40
- The Hit or Miss award goes to... Torrent
- The Slick Dick Rick award goes to... moches
- The Outdated award goes to... iamme
- The Notespam award goes to... leonid
- The whatthefuckisthis award goes to... linus
- The DICK award goes to... Wayward Vagina
- The Half-baked award goes to... Poopet
- The Self-promotional whore award goes to me.

Last edited by stargroup100; 02-20-2013 at 03:02 PM..
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote