View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 11:30 PM   #1278
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: League of Legends [v2]

I'm less interested in Braum than I am in the fact that Curse Voice has been okayed by Riot.

"Programs that give you information you have already earned (such as visible timers) are ok. Programs that give you information you have not earned (such as enemy timers/timers in the fog of war), ones that make decisions for you, or take actions for you, are NOT ok." - RiotSargonas

This means ward timers, ability and tower range overlays, enemy cooldown timers and more...

Are all now LEGAL to use.
Curious to see how long it goes before people start exploiting this.
Also curious the exact wording Riot is going to use to justify continuing banning all of the above but not Curse Voice, because they're eventually going to have to and it's going to wind up being a hilarious jumble of legalese.

EDIT- if you're wondering how I list enemy cooldown timers as legal even tho Sargonas mentions them as not, it's because there's two types of cooldown timers.
Illegal: the ones that just hack and check their cooldown as its sent to the servers
Legal: the ones that use enemy runes, enemy masteries, enemy items, enemy level (all known to the player, so legal to access) to calculate the cooldown.

EXAMPLE: enemy skill does 100/150/200/250/300(+1.0AP) damage with 20/19/18/17/16 cooldown
The enemy is level 8 with 200 AP and 20% CDR from runes/masteries/items and I have 100 MR
The enemy hits me with that skill and does 175 damage

Do some basic math, and you can calculate that he has that skill at rank 2 based off how much damage it does to your MR. Now that I know it is at rank 2, I can calculate what the cooldown of that skill is. That skill's cooldown is 15.2 seconds. He used it 13 seconds ago, so he has 2.2 seconds left before it's up. All calculated 100% with "information I have already earned"

Last edited by hi19hi19; 04-22-2014 at 11:39 PM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote