View Single Post
Old 07-1-2018, 01:17 PM   #2
QueenAshy
Banned

Default Re: How to unlock "Marisa Stole the Precious Thing"

Quote:
Originally Posted by URL View Post
I've just earned this particular token, and I wanted to share how I did it, in order to reduce suffering in the world by a tad. Hurray, me.

NOTE: My path was inspired by .Rarity's video on him earning the token. Mine is not identical, but I would've had much more trouble planning it were it not for him.

So, here's the precise formula. Variations are definitely possible, but if you don't have time for that, this will work perfectly anyways (unless it doesn't, in that case, please leave a comment and I'll correct it). I followed this precise algorithm myself, and you can check everything's right by comparing whatever you do with my replay.

Just one thing. ONE SINGLE BOO AND YOUR RUN BECOMES RUINED. So, don't do that.

1) Hit not a single one of the first eight notes. Think of the Health Bar as being an indicator of how many misses you have left, the maximum being 20. In this manner, having the bar full and hitting a note is a waste, since your number of remaining misses is still intact, while you've not actually missed anything. This is why you need to get your HP as low as possible before actually building up your combo. Otherwise, your misses won't add up to the desired amount.

2) Hit any note in the next jump, and afterwards start building up your 214 combo. The first bit is necessary, or otherwise your Health drains out completely. The combo won't start counting after the next note you hit. Don't worry. That's normal.

3) Just after you hit your 214th consecutive note (which should be note #225), play close attention to the first and second column of notes. If everything's done exactly as said, a jump in these two columns will almost immediately follow. Miss it. And just afterwards, hit every single note in these columns, not one more, not one less, all the way to note #590, almost at the end of the song, when the electric guitar has just started playing.

4) Miss the next three notes on the two aforementioned columns, and continue as before until only two notes in the chart remain. If everything's been done correctly, your Health Bar should be at its minimum, and you should have 212 misses. You did it. Lay off your keyboard. Miss the last two notes and you should have your well-earned token.

My replay:
This medal is super annoying. The highest miss count I got was 191. I wish I didn't have to suffer to unlock good songs. Also, my 214 combo note lands in the middle of a random section, when I'm pretty sure the intention is to have that note before jumps. I just can't seem to get it down.
QueenAshy is offline   Reply With Quote