View Single Post
Old 09-8-2014, 10:17 PM   #11
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Attention: FFR Administration and Staff

I think a major part of the problem is, I have no idea who still runs the site.

- Who has ownership of the site? Synth still? Velocity buy it from him or something? Synth is still an admin according to the site but who knows what that means. He hasn't even visited the site in like 4 months.
- Servers where? Synth paying out of pocket still?
- Money where? Non-profit organization; can still generate money from ads as long as it goes back into the site, facilitating our goal of promoting rhythm games. Standard non-profit stuff, at least in my head. Money lets you HIRE coders, admins, etc... Missed opportunity? Legal issues? Who even knows this stuff? Tass used to be our pseudo legal expert, now who is watching out for the company legally? Anyone?
- Who has power to make people admins/mods? One of our mods (stavie33) literally hasn't logged on since last year. Is there even a process to determine if that's worth addressing, or is he just gonna sit there in the mod list?

The FFR leadership (or lack thereof?) is a total black box to me, and -usually- I'm significantly more clued-in than the average user. Can't imagine how disconcerting it is as a new community member to not even really know who is in charge.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 09-8-2014 at 10:37 PM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote