View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 03:12 PM   #825
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2018 albums halp

Day 545: Remind Me Tomorrow by Sharon Von Etten

This is gonna be the year of listening to artists I saw live years ago but never bothered listening to! She was, in fact, the opening act at the first show (they called it a "festival") I ever went to without family. I was 17, so many missed opportunities... fuck social anxiety.

Anyways, her act was good, even great, but for some reason I stupidly assumed I wouldn't like her recorded music. Maybe I had an internal bias against female artists at that time, or maybe some weird rockist shit. Or maybe it's because I was too mesmerized by Tame Impala and Beck. Regarding the latter, haters fuck off and commit seppuku. Regarding the former, hate as you please, I think they aight. Anyways, listening now is proving my preconceptions wrong like the useless fucking moron I am.

This is wonderfully consistent, yet there's just enough eclecticism to prevent one from getting bored, even an unmedicated fuck-up like myself! You have bombastic, almost stadium-ready rockers like Hands and Seventeen, fuzzy swing pop with You Shadow, psychedelia with Jupiter 14 and dancy album closer Stay, and much, much more! This sounds like an advertisement I suck at writing like I suck at life and everything else.

I'm mad at myself for waiting 4 years to listen to this artist. The only complaint I have with this album is the opener is a little boring. Other than that, unless my tastes shift or a lot of crazy shit comes out, this is a strong contender for my top 20 for the year. I am a shifty guy though, I haven't gotten laid in months, I've slept like 35 hours total over the past week and it's worsening my depression. And I have tests to take.

Fuckin college.

Best Track: Hands
Rating: 8.5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote