View Single Post
Old 08-3-2021, 06:20 PM   #1205
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra
Default Re: ymotohciD :daerhT emaG 002 GWT

I need to get this off my chest.

I'm extremely disappointed by this whole premise. I'm glad there are people who seem to be enjoying this post-game, but for me, this has left me both annoyed and upset.

I signed up for this game because host asked me to. It's my first time even logging in on FFR for years now, but I did it because I'm not one to deny a request like that. Especially considering it's TWG 200. Sure, I've been in an anon game that Xiz asked me to join, but again I'm not one to say no; that one also went really well and was a fun time. I don't generally enjoy bastard games as-is, but like I said I was happy to be a part of my friend's ambition for a game 200. It seemed like a special experience to be a part of.

The game starts, and honestly I was busy, and it did hurt town quite a bit I felt. I felt really stressed and pressured about it all, especially with so much else going on. I've been having issues with my relationship, as well as a ton of stress from starting my new job a few weeks ago, not to mention the hundreds of other little things. I decided though, I'd put extra time and energy and stress into this, to make sure I was able to contribute to something that mattered for my friends. I made an ass of myself, needless to say, and I was looking forward for a chance to make up for it.

The meteor hit after I put a ton of effort into the game, and I figured, oh cool, something to deduct and figure out! So I was finally excited about something. Then, the info about the game being "solved", about everything being "known", all that illuminati jazz, started happening. I figured, well that's lame; but, it might be a ruse? It might be some kind of 3p win con that we can thwart maybe? That sure sounds like a fun role!

Alas, then the game progressed. ITAs ended up not mattering I figure. Nothing even close to that mattered. Now I'm just looking at a group of people who were selected to have fun this game, trying to find one person who, pardon the harshness but it's how I feel, exploit their friends to see if they could tailor a situation to trick them.

That's the tip of the iceburg though. I'm even just going over all the comments from the masterminds now, in my head, and how they manipulated the game. There were so many arguments that happened that could have at least had the know-it-alls try to stifle a bit, given they knew. There was so much happening that didn't need to go on. I'm thinking now, too, of all that was said this game by those who did know everything; presumably the game didn't matter to them, so what's to gain from making us suffer?

It really was suffering at times. This game was not super fun for me, but at least was a unique and interesting experience with novel twists and turns that could be deducted. There was a retribution element in play with the second game, so post-death there was still a game to be played. There were win cons to be deducted. So much to be done!

But now, it's devolved to those in the know having the fun and sharing their experiences with how fun it was for them this past week, and them and the rest of us just trying to see who hand-picked their favourite people to have fun this game. I'm probably a bit jealous, but given how things turned out, I think it's fair to be.

A big element of twg is the randomness of the roles. It's the fact that anyone can ultimately end up in any situation. Knowing that I wasn't selected to have fun this game, sucks. Knowing there were people who knew everything that didn't care much (save for Xiz, honestly), sucks. Knowing that this made a week of my life a lot harder than it needed to be, sucks.

This whole thing was fun and unique before all these bullshit mastermind twists came in. Now, I just feel rubbish about this all and feel cheated out of what at least had potential to be fun. Sure, this was super unique, but the twist that was underlying the whole time ruined what I expect out of twg, and ruined what I expect from ffr twg.

I'm extremely disappointed. Sorry if this post comes off as rude, insensitive, ingrateful, or anything. This is just genuinely how I feel, and I needed to communicate it formally.
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ