View Single Post
Old 07-28-2021, 05:44 PM   #346
star-crossed
FFR Player

Default Re: ymotohciD :daerhT emaG 002 GWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
I kinda think this is what's happening right now

With no "deaths" in the night, and Gold Stinger "not dying", I don't think ANY of us actually CAN die. We are stuck here, and our job is to perform cardflips to help out the "main game."

We are in a reverse game. Think about what that means for a moment:

Time is flowing backwards. We cannot "kill" people here, because that means deleting a player "from the past" of this game. That is: a player dying here would mean that we delete them from earlier in the game.

Yesterday, you lynched Gold Stinger, but you could not "kill" him... because that would mean killing Gold Stinger before "the game even started."

Players can ENTER this game, because that just represents that "these three players USED to be in this game, but EVENTUALLY GET NIGHTKILLED" in the forward-flow of linear time.

If you imagine the "un-reversed" version of this game, then we are currently at Day X. With 8 players. "Some player" will be lynched today ("storn"). Then, "three players" will be nightkilled ("Charu, DBP, and roundbox"). Then, the game enters Day X+1, with only 4 players next (GS, star-crossed, Subaru, and blind).

"Our game" is not even a game. It is a "reversed" play-back of some other imaginary game. We actually cannot directly take any actions that interrupt this play-back, because it would mean we are changing the past of a game that already happened.

-----------------------

For you programmers out there, consider the "stack" data structure. This game is just a stack, wherein sunfan is pushing previous game-states onto this stack. As sunfan said at the very beginning...... "this game has ended already."

This second game, when TWG 200, Game 1 ends, will just be what you see when you hit the "rewind" button at the season finale of this "imaginary TWG 200" game.
This kind of makes sense to me, but it also does not. I will try to articulate why. If it is meant to be in reverse, then that partly explains why it started with sun fan's announcement and why we do not know what day gold stinger died. But, if it is in reverse, shouldn't logo have replaced me technically? Because logo had the slot in the future, if we are now in the past. Also, if people never really stop posting or voting, then I do not know what stops a flipped wolf from ruining this thread, as you pointed out.