View Single Post
Old 09-6-2016, 04:39 PM   #120
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v3

I have a question about what conditional queue means:

My file for Welcome to Planet Urf is currently conditional queued. It got an easily passing rating (8/10) with the following comment:
Quote:
File’s fine but the spots where the could be jumps really stands out since it doesn’t match the ‘oomph’ the song has in those sections, especially the ending. White notes to the vocal sounds were pretty neat. Gonna star it since I think added jumps is all it really needs, if you don’t think so after looking at it again then you can leave it as is.
As well as three suggestions for places to layer said additional jumps in.

I thought the song suited an easy file, so my chart as it was originally submitted was a low-teens difficulty file with single arrows that just follow one melody. I tried adding the jumps in as instructed but doing so increases the difficulty dramatically, bring it from like a 12 probably up to around a 30. Ultimately I felt this changed the file too much, and I only added some single notes to the parts that needed more "oomph" along with some minor technical improvements. Overall the file I would prefer to resubmit is still very easy and doesn't have the layered jumps.

I'm not sure what conditional queue means for an 8/10 file with nothing objectively wrong with it - I thought conditional queue was for files that were structurally sound but had some glaring technical errors that need to be addressed, so my question is, what exactly is a file like this going to be judged on when it's resubmitted from conditional queue? The judge DID say that I could not add the jumps if it felt wrong, and it definitely felt wrong... will the easy file have a chance of being re-accepted?

My file for Oprah Shmup is in a similar place, conditional queued with notes that ask me to add like 10 levels of difficulty.
I can submit the harder version of both these files if that's what conditional queue is supposed to do, but I think in both cases the file is too different from its intent and not as enjoyable with the changes. Wat do?