View Single Post
Old 04-5-2021, 12:11 AM   #15
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus
Default Re: Since We're All Old Now...

- Housekeeping and improvements in the layout of furniture and space usage. My mother has always been terrible at this and now that she's doing chemo and needs to rest more, I started seeing many areas of improvement, things to let go of, places to optimize. And I have the means to actually make these modifications by using CNC woodworking machines I have access to.

- Cooking. Same as above, I started to cook more and consistently strive for a good cycle of nutrients and foods while avoiding unnecessary fats and sugars. Also, my new girlfriend loves my food! Anyone should learn to cook just because it's a basic skill, but being able to make a tasty meal will definitely score with the ladies

- Being financially aware: my family was able to buy a house at some point, but they divorced soon after and ended up dilapidating all of the money through the years. This left us basically only a step above poverty. If it wasn't for my father's retirement (thus making him independent) and my mother's government aid (i live with my mother) keeping us afloat we would not be able to afford a house. The lack of planning and real strategy on how to earn money really hurt mother's side of my family and by association my future - for years I had to put my own money just to pay my mother's bills. So i'm much more aware of what i can and can't afford, and am building connections and many backup plans to be financially sound as soon as the pandemic ends.