View Single Post
Old 12-4-2020, 12:11 AM   #7
radioamor
anhedonia extraordinaire
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: If you had to listen to an album everyday for the rest of your life what album and why

Surprisingly, my answer to this question is not the album after which I named myself! But it's still by the same guy, so I'm actually not nearly as spontaneous as I think I am.
If I had to choose any one album, it would be Tim Hecker's Ravedeath, 1972. The stunning, relentless soundscapes alone are enough to keep me constantly enthralled, but the album has considerable sonic variation as well -- from the forceful, speaker-annihilating opening track to its subdued, elegiac closer, the record curves around in several directions while maintaining the pretense of continuity. I also just really like the idea of auditory detritus and the refreshingly unpolished nature of the album. Save for a minute or two of some bland shoegazey antics towards the ending suite, there isn't a dull moment throughout this entire thing. No matter how many listens I go through, I still make new discoveries because the album is so intricate and rewarding.

Sorry, April, no surprises here. Konoyo and October Language are excellent choices.
radioamor is offline   Reply With Quote