Old 10-23-2017, 04:30 AM   #38
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Opinion on 255 BPM 32nds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximemoring View Post
1: Yeah, that's what I thought.
2: I'm pretty sure I know what it is, just the way people used the term in this thread (namely jumptrill rolls) gave me the impression what I think it is isn't what it is, as I've never really considered jumptrills to be rollable. We're talking of [13]-[24], [12]-[34], [14]-[23] right? Thanks for being an ass, though. :I
It's as simple as using a jumptrill instead of hitting a 32nd wall as individual notes, since you can get away with it without dropping accuracy, especially at this speed. The concern several people in this thread have made is that if the 510 BPM stream isn't jumptrillable, it shouldn't be included. An example you can look to is the FFR song "-+" which includes a few 550ish BPM walls (and when I say 550, I'm referring to the speed it would be if it were a 16th string, which is the standard). If these walls were not at least 90% jumptrillable (and they're 100% jumptrill) I'm pretty sure you'd see an autorejection in the judging process.

And as for being an ass, sure I was, but the concept of jumptrilling rolls is an extremely basic one that anyone attempting to step a file of this difficulty should at least have already known about before starting.

As for the sample you posted earlier, the 32nd bursts are a no-go. The 16th js section is underlayered especially if you're gonna drop that wall hammer on people straight after, and I actually can't hear why you would step any 32nds in this section period just because the type of sound changes. The actual frequency of notes remains the same. Slow the song down to half speed and listen for yourself.

I'd say you have three options, all of which involve killing the 32nds altogether:
1) Keep the layering you have in that first section the same, step a similar stream you have to the first part but with heavier layering for the part you currently have as 32nds. This would create a nice difficulty increase for the heavier section without going overboard. Currently you only have the main drum beats as jumps, where you could put jumps for the second melody that is going on in front of the part you stepped as 16th stream or even the more minor drum beats as well.
2) Apply this layering to all streams that fit the above description and use color theory to make the heavier section more visually interesting.
3) Switch up the patterning while maintaining the same jumpstream structure for the heavier section so that it feels more unique.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 10-23-2017 at 04:51 AM..
rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote