View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 03:42 AM   #499
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: World of Warcraft

Oh damn. We're getting a huge nerf in 3.1, and it's something that affects you all too.

"Bloodlust/Heroism: Cooldown reduced to 5 minutes, but Sated and Exhausted now last 10 minutes."

It makes no sense. In a 5-man group with one shaman, nothing has changed, except that a wipe means it'll be cooled by the time you start again for the most part, but if this was the aim, then why have a cooldown at all? In a raid, it means you have to wait on every damn boss, or die intentionally. Ten minutes is far too long of a debuff period for the skill and it makes having multiple shaman pretty worthless. Having two is still ok, since they can use different totems, but nowadays I'm only ever dropping the same four totems as the other ones don't stack with other skills other classes have that don't require dropping a ranged aura stick (Strength of Earth -> Horn of Winter, Windfury -> Icy Talons, the list goes on). The only benefit is when you need a rare totem, like frost resist on Sapphiron, since my Fire totem is exclusively dedicated to Wrath.

But back to bloodlust, is there any other skill in the game that pushes a debuff on you longer than the cooldown period of the skill itself? It made sense before and was working just fine. Why change it? Here's hoping it's a change that stays on the PTR.

Edit: since this is my first time seeing PTR notes before the actual patch, can someone tell me how often things change between PTR notes and actual patches?

Last edited by Squeek; 02-24-2009 at 04:15 AM..
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote