¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: An Album A Day Keeps The Doctor Away | 365 Album Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Skyline View Post
* DJ SHARPNEL & V.A. - OTAKUSPEEDVIBE [SRPC-0030]

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzExZeRo7497 View Post
OTAKUSPEEDVIBE - Very inconsistent as a whole, Over The Fullereneshift is probably my favourite Sharpnel track ever but there's a lot of other tracks that bog down my experience. It's better than most Sharpnel releases, but it suffers from the same problem that other Sharpnel albums do. They only have one or two standout tracks, and the others just seem boring in comparison. I gave that a 6/10 I think.
I was wondering why Nick recommended this. I actually agree that this is a very inconsistent album and I wouldn't have recommended it myself. It's imo one of the worst albums on Sharpnelsound. There are a lot more interesting Sharpnelsound albums that are much better than this (like CYCLICK, UG☆PSYCLONE, the early albums from 1998 to 2001 or experimental albums like cotton pantie's albums).

Though I guess you also have to take into consideration that most of the later sharpnelsound albums are compilations of songs that were already released on themed albums (like the kirby remix Green D on SRPC-0027, which was originally released on a kirby remix album and Macau Underground on SRPC-0026 which was originally released on a beauty:burst CD with an old TV show as theme). Out of context a lot of these tracks don't make sense.