View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 09:37 PM   #33
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Meh, let's do it again, this time for a year

HEY IF YOU READ THIS AND YOU HAVEN'T RECOMMENDED ANY ALBUMS YET... FUCKING DO SO

Day 3: Programmable Love Songs Volume One by FlexE (Album Choice: korny)

3 albums, 2 requests from the same guy. Wow. Also 5 days and 2 already skipped. Wow.

Finals are over though. Hooray! Now I can catch up if I don't get lazy... I'll probably get lazy.

FlexE is a pseudonym for Benn Jordan, most commonly known as the Flashbulb. He makes IDM and Classical music, both genres I find to be rather pleasant yet rarely listen to. In terms of The Flashbulb, the only full album I've listened to is Kirlian Selections. Pleasant enough, not an amazing standout but it had some good tracks. Okay this intro is a waste of time.

This first track reminds me of Selected Ambient Works 85-92, same lo-fi chill sound. The second track has a bit more energy. I'm really not in the mood to focus. I must say that this sounds much older than 2004. What was the recording period of these songs? It sounds so incredibly retro a good chunk of the time.

Well, too tired to write much, but I like this album. The retro sound has grown on me, with the fast breaks, warm synths, and cheesy samples, and any time guitar is brought in it's fucking awesome. The chiptune tracks are good too. Not something I'll listen to daily, but not bad at all.

Okay I swear these reviews will get better over time. Still decompressing from finals and talking about course changes.

Best Track: Fashion Beagle
Rating: 7/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.

Last edited by rayword45; 06-19-2014 at 09:44 PM..
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote