View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 12:58 PM   #1228
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2021 albums halp

Day 817: Working With God by Melvins

I updated the thread title again. Will I ever do that retrospective thing I promised like almost 2 years ago now? I SWEAR I WILL I just don't... have time. Okay onto the music.

These guys are a REAL throwback to me now, I still enjoy some of their classics, especially their earliest shit, from time to time but I don't listen to it often. There's a whole lotta sludge out there and I have to be in a specific mood for a specific band. Also, didn't Buzzo get cancelled for appearing on the podcast of the anti-homophobia buttplug squeeze Nazi Vice founder guy? I'm not sure if it took or if people just forgot and stopped caring as is the norm for most people attacked by the cancel culture boogeyman. Either way, I'm listening to this for free on Bandcamp, he's not getting my money, who cares?

Aaaaand I wouldn't have paid for this either way. I see at the bottom of the page that they're boasting this is the 1983 lineup, which coincides with some of my all time favorites from this band, but this just feels... uninspired? These guys were never someone I came to for emotional honesty, but when you open a sludge album with a Beach Boys "cover" you start to wonder if things are just too stupid. A lot of this album is just really, really fucking stupid, and that was clearly the goal. What's lame is that there are some hard hitters in here, but they're a mere handful in a sea of stupid shit and boring shit.

Now squeeze a buttplug out your ass, Buzzo. Prove your libertarian ass isn't homophobic.

Best Track: Caddy Daddy or Hund
Rating: 4.5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote