View Single Post
Old 10-3-2019, 11:52 PM   #953
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2019 albums halp

Day 630: Voyager VII by Cygnus

I saw this guy live exactly 4 years ago to this day as he opened for Autechre. He actually put on the best set of the night, the only other competition being some DJ that played two seperate 90 minute sets whereas everyone else got 45 minutes. I never checked his music out, but what better time than now?

This is not better than Autechre, or at least my favorites of theirs. Some of these tracks groove hard, and then a bunch bore the fucking shit out of me. Also 57 minutes is too long, and some of the sound effects are cheesy as all hell. Still, I commend the album for successfully maintaining the "video game outer space" sound dude was going for even when the tracks don't hit, and maybe I'll like this more with repeat listens.

I don't know why but this soundtrack reminds me a lot of the Beat Therapy album I reviewed that was the soundtrack to a game I played as a child. I recently switched from new-line Android to an old beat up iPhone 6 and wanted to download the game but it seems it isn't compatible with my phone

Best Track: 39.46 Light Years
Rating: 6/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote