View Single Post
Old 01-9-2013, 10:55 AM   #19
ssbmchamp
Can't improve at this game.
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Expanding the difficulty spectrum

I'm a little confused with this whole "no room for movement" discussion. the scale goes from 1-99. 99 means hardest song in the game, A.K.A. VROFL. Perfect that fits. Then make RATO a 98 because it's the second most difficult file in the game (and the only one with a difficulty range in that level) Since I don't foresee any other future files being as difficult as VROFL, this to me means every new file would be 1-98. If a new file as difficult as RATO comes out you would make it a 98 also. I just feel as though you guys are just complicating things way more than they need to be. The problem here seems to be that you guys are worried about VROFL being in it's own category (which I understand that since nothing else compares BUT, it's still the hardest in the game which is why it needs to stay at 99) You already have a great rating system in place so just use that and adjust accordingly. If you're still worried about it that much why not make the rating system go from 1-105....at least that way you could show the huge gap between VROFL and RATO, and it would give you more room for movement.
ssbmchamp is offline   Reply With Quote