Old 08-25-2020, 09:57 PM   #763
DarknessXoXLight
sonder
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to DarknessXoXLight
Default Re: 13th Official Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
I'll say it again if you guys can do a better job please by all means run tournaments. Would be nice for there to be more going on.
I'm sure there are plenty of people who used to love what this site once was who want to see activity and well run tournaments. I would love to be in a position to run a tournament with all new content for the community, but you built up such a wall around this glorious title of "Tournament Organizer" locking yourself into running it alone and then when people complain about very evident problems, you just say we should be appreciative? Valid criticism should be taken as a sign that people still care about a properly run tournament being fun and fair. I know many people have offered to help with official tournaments, but since you tie so much of your own personal and emotional worth staked on how much power you hold over this dumb website, nobody is willing to go through the shit they have to to contribute anything. You've made it abundantly clear numerous times that you hold 100% of the power and decision making over this tournament but when a file like Circle Pit is very poorly slotted it's suddenly AJ's fault for giving you the rating so you say go talk to AJ? You absolve yourself of blame on a very regular basis. Mistakes happen, nobody is perfect, own up to it for once or admit that you don't do as much as you claim to do. If you were willing to address the areas that you aren't completely comfortable with doing, which is fine, people would be able to step in and make the tournament as a whole a lot funner and cleaner.

This site is never going to be what it once was because of how poorly run it currently is and your refusal to accept help from anybody competent.