View Single Post
Old 09-3-2014, 12:47 AM   #11
lurker
ur worst nitemare
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: legit as fuck stepmania competition (idea phase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzExZeRo7497 View Post
I think the BP4 tournament format wouldn't be used very well for keyboard play, especially since people go for AAs/As instead of passes. I can't quite imagine The Trail of Tiers (the one with %s and all) to take off easily due to the fact that passes would be too easy to get due to the lenient lifebar and if you decide to give a bonus for every AA (Trail of Tiers gives bonuses for passes), the score differences between players won't be significant by any means since most players should be able to AA through each song in the same tier because skillset is not emphasised anywhere as much as ITG would.
I like the idea of the tier system at the core of it, and I'd like to find some way to keep it in. I think the time limit could change the attitude towards scores lower than As (including fails). It could also force people to stick to a certain skillset, since the right choice of songs could force people to choose between long songs they can get a decent score on and short songs they may not be able to pass.
The way bonuses were given in BP4 obviously would not work for the reasons you said. We still need a way to encourage playing a whole tier in addition to as many as possible, though. I'm thinking a bonus for each tier that is "completed" in some way would do it, but I don't know how exactly. I don't want it to just be Fundamentals with groups of songs.