View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 07:41 PM   #1070
Curry and Rice
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
What if it's roundbox wolf and star sk? Am I wrong to clear star so easily? This world actually makes the most sense to me, and I could see how a really strong sk would play equivalent to how a town would with respect to trying to solve.
Roundbox I can buy, but Star is pretty much just a paranoia pick. The only way I can see that is if Star decided to carry on the guise of an inactive sk because psycho was inactive, with the additional benefit of framing Olimar, but honestly, I think it would be more beneficial for Star to just kill anyway and pretend like the earlier lack of kills were just flukes. But it would make more sense if it was just Olimar being inactive from the very beginning. His sudden appearance is kind of odd too, but eh. Though, at the same time, Star seeming to double down with posting to try and ensure not being lynched is kind of concerning, in the same kind of strange paranoid gut feeling way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
So you are pursuing a line of questioning with Haku, and a line of questioning with ffa. With the one with ffa, you seem to be questioning him while also making a lot of effort to present your own thought processes about what his actions seem to be. To me, that looks like you really want people to think you are a town, more than you are concerned about biasing his response to your question by giving him information about how you are perceiving him... I am not sure how to feel about your declaration that it was "probably futile" to try, in light of this. You never followed up to say how you felt about the answer, but did give him a kind of town lean for his read on Cel later, I noticed.
Eh, I disagree, but I think that's more due to the type of player I am.

Quote:
What is /your/ memory of his accuracy on reading you in these games? How come you didn't try to pressure him on the subject yourself? How do you reconcile the fact that you kept encouraging others to pressure him, but you seem to also hold the belief that asking him stuff is "futile"? If you know that you are town, what is "convenient" about the thing you are calling out, anyway?
As I recall, there's only one game where I was a wolf since FFA started spouting on about his supposed accurate reads on me, where he "caught" me because he misread a joke post I made. Given that, I don't think there's enough data to decide how accurate he really is, but knowing the type of player he is, I'm pretty sure he's just convinced himself he's accurate when in reality he can't read me better than anyone else because he always tends to act like he knows better than anyone else.

I mean, I already gave an answer as to why.

I don't I seemed to hold that "belief," aside from joking that it was "probably futile." I don't know how many games you've played with FFA before, but if you've played as many with him as I have (we're both from NSM), you'd completely understand what I was getting at here (and I'm sure Olimar can confirm as well).

If you're 100% accurate in games you "care to" remember, you can just "forgot" the games you're inaccurate in (e.g. you can claim that you've never lost a TWG in games you remember if you just forgot the games where you didn't win!). :P I don't think there's anything else to explain (nor any relevancy to that quote) other than that, because, to be honest, you seem like you're digging in to individual word choices way too much to the point where you're ignoring obvious jokes. And now you're making me have to explain my jokes way too deeply which kind of kills the humor...

Quote:
It is just strange to me, since as I understand it you are the one who has played with ffa the most, that your own opinion on the matter shines through so much less than your repeated declarations that others need to pressure him. Before, I had mainly looked at the interactions between the two of you as whether they seemed genuine on his end.
As I recall, I also mentioned that because of FFA's repeatedly similar behavior, my tendency is to assign him a "null" read unless there's any additional information to indicate otherwise, because on NSM at least, he has/had a tendency to be a popular Day 1 lynch regardless of role because of his behavior.

Quote:
The description of raeko compared to others seems more lukewarm than others, and seems to emphasize raeko as a "past vote" rather than emphasizing what the bad feeling was or why it is less present. I know he later mentioned someone saying she is usually quiet was a factor, but still. She was, however, the only living player he had voted at the time, but given he was OK with so many other lynches in this post I am not sure why having voted her in the past, was especially relevant.
I mean, I already gave an explanation to that.

Covering Page 54 in next post.