View Single Post
Old 08-28-2022, 01:21 AM   #143
sff_writer_dan
FFR Player

Default Re: Dump Batch Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lights View Post
Theres a lot of ways dumping can be applied, not even necessarily being limited to ghost notes- but even focusing on the presence of ghost notes, its still very possible to dump certain sounds and end up with a lower difficulty file. I could see going down into the 30s and 40s being viable if enough care was given towards doing so, though this would be more exceptional than the norm. That said, I don't think theres going to be any dumped content for D1 players in the near future as the added note density and quick rhythms introduced would kinda necessarily bump it up at least into the d2 range. Though i'd love to be proven wrong here.
Yeah this is why I think 'dump' is the wrong word for this, and is probably contributing to the people opposing the idea of including this as a viable stepping strategy under the assumption that it means "Nonsense 115 difficulty noiz"

I absolutely agree that plenty of stuff in the 30s and 40s could be what is technically a dump by intentional, creative and vibe appropriate "overstepping" of more downtempo songs that include sounds that lend themselves to converting a note or jump into a short burst etc.
sff_writer_dan is offline   Reply With Quote