View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 09:12 PM   #1
Sprite-
HAVE ME WITH VODKA
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default 5th Official FFR Tournament - SIGN UPS NOW CLOSED!!!

Hi! Welcome to the Fifth Official FFR R1 Tournament! This tournament is for players of any and all skill levels, from the barest beginners to the most seasoned veterans. As always, it's free to join, and there are prizes for not only the winners, but potentially all the way down to 8th place!

To sign up, go ***link removed since signups are closed***. Make sure you click the signup button on the page. Just going to the page alone WILL NOT sign you up. Posting in this thread WILL NOT sign you up.
Sign-ups will end on Saturday, June 27th at 11:59PM EST.
*If the signup button doesn't work for you for some reason, just send me a PM and I will manually add you*

Tournament Rules and Overview:

In this tournament, there will be five divisions: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, Expert, and Masters. When you sign up, I will place you in one of these divisions based on your accomplishments in FFR--you cannot just "sign up" for any specific division, so don't even bother saying which division you want to be in. There is NO LIMIT to the number of spots in this tournament--signups will last for the full week, no matter how many players we get.

To sign up, go ***link removed since signups are closed***. Make sure you click the signup button on the page. Just going to the page alone WILL NOT sign you up. Posting in this thread WILL NOT sign you up.

Note: You must have at least 150 games played to enter this tournament.

Please do not message me asking what division you will be placed in. I won't respond. Everything will be posted when it is time. Thank you

Prizes for the winners are as follows:
1st in D5: 36 month subscription, 500,000 credits, and an FFR T-shirt
1st in D4: 36 month subscription, 400,000 credits, and an FFR T-shirt
1st in D3: 36 month subscription, 300,000 credits, and an FFR T-shirt
1st in D2: 36 month subscription, 200,000 credits, and an FFR T-shirt
1st in D1: 36 month subscription, 100,000 credits, and an FFR T-shirt

2nd in D5: 18 month subscription, 250,000 credits, and an FFR T-shirt
2nd in D4: 18 month subscription, 200,000 credits, and an FFR T-shirt
2nd in D3: 18 month subscription, 150,000 credits, and an FFR T-shirt
2nd in D2: 18 month subscription and 100,000 credits
2nd in D1: 18 month subscription and 50,000 credits

3rd in D5: 12 month subscription and 125,000 credits
3rd in D4: 12 month subscription and 100,000 credits
3rd in D3: 12 month subscription and 75,000 credits
3rd in D2: 12 month subscription and 50,000 credits
3rd in D1: 12 month subscription and 25,000 credits

4th in D5: 6 month subscription and 60,000 credits
4th in D4: 6 month subscription and 50,000 credits
4th in D3: 6 month subscription and 40,000 credits
4th in D2: 6 month subscription and 25,000 credits
4th in D1: 6 month subscription and 15,000 credits

5th in D5: 3 month subscription and 30,000 credits
5th in D4: 3 month subscription and 25,000 credits
5th in D3: 3 month subscription and 20,000 credits
5th in D2: 3 month subscription and 10,000 credits
5th in D1: 3 month subscription and 5,000 credits

Vertex Beta vRofl will be a prize for the top 8 in every division. The only catch is, it will only be given to the top 8, regardless if someone in the top 8 already has it.

There may be additions to these prizes, but these are the minimum.

General rules:

When the first round of the tournament starts and with each new round after that, I will announce the main song for each division. Your goal is to get and submit a higher score on your song than your opponents.

-You can only play the specified main song for that round (assuming the tiebreaker is unnecessary). Rounds will generally be 1 week long (7 days) each unless otherwise noted.

***Score submission rules will be added here later.***

- If there is a tie, all those with the tie score who are on the elimination number will have to play the tie breaker song. You will have an extra 24 hours past the end of the round to submit your score on the tie breaker.

-If you do not submit a score by the end of the round, you will be considered to have gotten a score of negative infinity on the song.

-Don't bother trying to cheat, you'll be caught and immediately disqualified. Trying to secretly play in a lower division than you should be in by means of alternate accounts, or by any other means is CHEATING. Cheating will not be tolerated, and any evidence of cheating will result in disqualification. Also note that trying to piss me off by trying to bend the rules or trying to find loopholes will get you disqualified.

-We hold every right to ignore the entrance of certain individuals who we feel are more prone to the potential of cheating. If we say you can not participate, you can NOT participate. Our judgment on this is final and absolute.

-The time at which the round ends will be posted when the thread for that round is posted. After that time, the round is over and no more scores will be accepted.

After each round ends, I'll tally up the scores and post the results of who won, who lost, and the statistics of each score for each player at the start of the next round. If you lose once, you're eliminated.

Staff members may enter... but staff members may NOT win prizes (besides vROFL). If a staff member finishes in a prize spot, their prize will go to the person who finished directly below them.

Good luck and have FUN!

Last edited by Sprite-; 08-21-2009 at 11:17 AM..