Old 12-16-2010, 04:03 PM   #270
All_That_Chaz
Supreme Dictator For Life
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to All_That_Chaz
Default Re: Passing away of Steve aka Jellygod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldsign View Post
I think it's actually a lot more selfish to even make the assertion that suicide is selfish. You're putting your own feelings ahead of those of the deceased, and despite whatever you may feel about the person in question, if he was driven to suicide it is probable that his feelings of despair or whatnot were far more pressing and weighty than your love for them.

That is to say, if he is really in considerable pain and cannot stand to live, I think it's selfish for you to look at it in a "look at the pain he caused ME" context without realizing that his own pain is probably far greater.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichliebekase View Post
You have my utmost respect. I've never heard anyone say this, and it is absolutely true. I think I know a few people that need to take a look at this.
You guys didn't understand what jchin was saying. It's not about putting your own feelings ahead of the deceased. It's the fact that somebody is suicidal doesn't think about those he or she leaves behind. Nobody's arguing that anybody's feelings are more important than anybody else's and such an argument is petty and childish.

And you're missing the point. This thread is about jelly.

EDIT: sona, I know what I'm talking about. If you want to talk about it with me do it in PMs.
dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.
All_That_Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote