Thread: lonely
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 06:33 PM   #12
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner
Default Re: lonely

Being lonely does suck. I think you really have to recalculate this depressive trigger in such a way that you are able to reach towards a goal. Have a goal where you expose yourself to things outside of your comfort zone, like saying things when you normally would hold back and overthink it.

I've only recently started seeing ways I can exercise my brain in order to improve my ability to be around people. It still has a long way to go, but putting in the work really helps.

It sucks you have to be aimless right now. Routine is important. That freedom to do nothing and to be isolated is taking you further away from being able to solve your loneliness.

Try to study what parts of your mind are directly adding stress and pain to your life. Things that need quieting. They may not get rid of every kind of pain you are feeling, but your attention to the pain can be rearranged to not prioritize immediate focus. It takes practice, physically lifting your mind from certain things it is latched to, and forcing it to focus differently. But after awhile, it becomes muscle memory.

My attention span sux, idk what I wrote but I'll keep it

Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote