View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 11:38 PM   #1
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default I'm 10 Years Old! (Story and Shoutouts)

So do I have tenure now?

Ten years ago, I wanted to obtain the downloadable version of FFR. This new version would allow me to play in full-screen mode! At last, my life had some semblance of meaning. But what's this? Oh, no! A fiendish account registration page appeared on my CRT monitor! What could I possibly do to defend myself? Thinking quickly, I shuffled through all of my most treasured usernames: Coolguy, Sportsguy, SuperCreativeguy... No, no, no. It was all wrong! My helplessness overwhelmed me, and I wept myself to sleep.

A shadowy figure drifted ever closer. I tried to run, to scream, to use the telekinesis powers I had been practicing every afternoon in Geography class. Nothing worked; I was paralyzed! The figure stopped in front of me, and I could finally make out the details. A sticker on the stranger's windbreaker read: "Hello, my name is SYNTHLIGHT."

I attempted to speak once more and was surprised at my success. "I only want to create the perfect username. Will I ever be saved from my plight?"

The man responded immediately, as if he had already known exactly what was on my mind. "Danceguy. Your name is Danceguy. Bear the name proudly, son."

My exuberance must have been unmistakeable. I felt as though the weight of a thousand gas-guzzling vehicles had been lifted from my shoulders. I shouted, "That's it! That's the one! All the name needs is improper capitalization and random numbers, and my presence shall be immortalized!"

The man swiftly punched me in the ribs. "Don't even think about it, you twerp."

I awoke in a cold sweat. I nearly tripped while running downstairs. After writing a novel while my home computer finished booting, I opened Internet Explorer and typed in my favorite website's URL: http://www.xqsite.com. My keyboard clicked and clacked as my fingers punched each key. Once my screen displayed the name given to me by the man from my perturbing vision, I pressed the "SIGN ME UP!!1" button. The deed was done. I promptly dismissed the issue which had consumed my life for 8 hours and immersed myself in jammin' tunes. And so, as this saga ended, a new one began...

Here's to Synth for creating the website we know and love. I'd like to see his reaction if someone went back in time and told him how many people his creation would affect.

Here's to all of the present FFR staff. No one get paid a dime to work toward the betterment of this site. Could you imagine if everyone in the world shared a similar sense of duty?

Here's to all of the members who have come and gone over the years. I won't name names, because every single person matters.

Here's to FFR The Game, StepMania, and a myriad of other rhythm games. After all these years, so many of us are still going for the AAA. Who'da thunk it?

Here's to you. Thanks for sharing your strongest character traits, your flaws, your quirks, and your kindness with people who are thousands of miles (or kilometers!) away.

Have a wonderful holiday season!

Cheers,
danceguy
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote