View Single Post
Old 02-5-2017, 08:39 AM   #53
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Shen's attempt to stop sucking at dancing games

Congratulations on the 13 pass! Also concerning Super Bass, the 16ths that look like "minijacks" are actually footswitches. If you're not doing footswitches, then they end up as choppy doublesteps which is probably what happened to you.

The footswitches are outlined in purple. In this particular case, you are facing right and the up 8th note before the footswitch your left foot will be on the up arrow. Your right foot will step on down (the 16th note), and then you quickly lift up your right foot so you can get your left foot to step on the down arrow. Then your right foot steps on the 16th right note afterwards, and your left foot does a candle step on the 8th note after.

Footswitches take some getting used to in both reading them and doing them. If you don't lift your foot enough in time, you get a miss. This also makes them incredibly aggravating at higher speeds, although with the song running at 127 BPM a 16th footswitch isn't too bad.
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote