View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 03:55 PM   #240
Zman100
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Scores ~2018 Remix~

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Man your scores arent half bad, stop being salty ffs.

The chances of you getting just boos by mashing is nearly inexistent. If you aim to get boos to avoid a miss, you're very likely to also get goods/averages, which in the end will pretty much balance it out unless you're mashing vRofl.

Now that being said, I do agree that AAA equivalency can be frustrating depending on what song you play. For example, Metro is a 101 but most of it is very manageable by many players who are far from that level. However, Powerflux, around the same difficulty, is almost impossible to SDG for everybody but a handful of people. I, for example (probably representative of most players in my range), have 8 goods on Metro and an equivalency of 97.70, but on Powerflux I have absolutely 0 equivalency and probably never will have it in my top 15 scores. That's maybe a bad side of the actual scoring system, who knows, I just don't know better.
I wouldn't call it being salty. I'm just genuinely curious as to why the system was structured that way. 2.4 goods for a miss seems like a hefty penalty for an engine that occasionally causes dropped notes. It's better than the original system that was purely combo based, but imo still doesn't feel great.

AAA equivalency is just frustrating period. If someone has the link to the formulas used to generate the scores I'd be pretty interested in reading it.