View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 03:47 PM   #1
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default FFR Noteskin Database

Welcome to the FFR Noteskin Database Thread!

Overview:
Ever since noteskin creation was implemented within R3, there has been no centralization of releases. My aim here is to encourage people to post their converted or created noteskins here, and to catalog them so that others can have an easier time finding something that is appealing to them for use. If things are cataloged, I feel that the feature will see more use, ultimately helping more people that would benefit from a different set of arrows.

Submission catalog:
As noteskins are quite small, I will just upload them all to MEGA in an open folder. If you see a noteskin that you like, head there and download the corresponding text file.

For a proper index of what the noteskins are and what they look like, check out this spreadsheet. As more get added, I will sort by more categories, and will categorize the Mega folder too.

Submission guidelines:
There will be very little QC for this project. I will only check to ensure that the noteskin actually loads, and that it can reasonably be used as a noteskin for game play. Unless you are deliberately attempting to try breaking the noteskin feature, you shouldn't have to worry about it not being archived here.

When you request for your conversions to be archived, please make it easier on everyone and list the following:
NAME: What is your noteskin called?
TYPE: Is it an arrow noteskin, orbular, square, bar, misc. shape, some meme thing? Give me an idea of classification!
AUTHOR: If you or someone else actually graphically designed the noteskin specifically for FFR, use this field.
SOURCE: If you are just converting a noteskin from another game, use this field instead. What game did it come from?
IMAGE: Give me an image that shows your arrows, so that others know what they are getting. This can be either an in-game screen shot of the noteskin editor, or just an image of the file itself you're putting into it.

Here is an example submission:

Name: Exact v2
Type: Arrow
Source: StepMania 5
Image:

If you aren't familiar with noteskin building, you can take a look at this quick tutorial to learn more:

Hopefully this will serve as a decent way to give noteskins some permanence, and to let people play in a way that best suits them. Whether you're looking for a new default, or just something interesting to try, I wish to make that easier with this archive. It is fairly small right now, but so is the amount of available noteskins floating around. Let's get some artistry and imports going!