Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 06:48 AM   #291
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie
Default Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollocephalus View Post
You guys need to recalibrate your sarcasm detectors, why has everyone become so dead serious and quick to outrage lately? That's such a negative mindset to have, i feel being able to joke even on grim stuff can actually defuse some of the tension, especially considering it's something much bigger than you and the difference you can personally make is negligible.
because the topic is dead serious. Remember that most of the people who read websites don't comment. So who knows who is reading this bs and taking it at face value

and honestly, the difference you can personally make isn't negligible at all. You could literally be carrying a deadly disease that can be passed on to other people. Have you ever heard of Typhoid Mary? She was an asymptomatic carrier of typhoid who infected over 50 people on her own. Even if you only infect one other person, that can still have a profound impact. That one person can spread it and it infect 50 others. One person will absolutely make a difference

So yeah this isn't something to fuck with. Also I have asthma and am at an increased risk so I would really love if people would stop being so selfish and look out for me and other at risk people, and stop telling others to say "fuck these precautions". I'm at the mercy of these idiots atm and it's really fucked up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected