View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 01:05 PM   #1032
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Unofficial Tournament 2018 Feat. RamenBox [Get2.5thPlace pastebin.com/tvm28W8

I also wanted to return to the topic of flashflash account and the whole D0 thing.

To reiterate, D0 wasn't really a division but more of a pilot program for low D1 players so that way they could play for fun, still be rewarded for participating, and play files that are suitable for their skill level. I didn't have any prizes for D0 for multiple reasons, some of which were because of logistic reasons and some of which were due to the idea that there should be some initial bar that players need to pass in order, i.e. like a right of passage, before being able to compete for real prizes.

Currently, the divisions with the highest range of skill are D1 and D7. When it comes to D1, the range of skill in that division is pretty insane. At the top of the division you have people that can AAA some files in the 20's. On the lower end, you have people that can't even pass Power (I've seen people fail Power with my own two eyes).

The reason why I started D0 in the first place is because there were a handful of participants that were completely new to FFR but still wanted to join in the tournament and have some fun. When asked for the difficulty ranges, some of these players were discouraged from playing seeing that the estimated difficulty of Round 1 was way out of their league. It'd be like asking a D2 player to play the D6 songs. Yes, they could play them, but it wouldn't be suitable for their skill level.

Lastly, it's probably been awhile since a lot of us have been in D1. However, we shouldn't dismiss their achievements and improvements. Just because a player hasn't yet achieved a particular milestone that skilled players would find "easy peasy" (like doing well on Policy in the Sky) doesn't mean that that player hasn't been improving nonetheless. I've been watching FFA's scores throughout the duration of this tournament and I will certainly say that he has indeed improved over the course of this tournament.

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing