View Single Post
Old 10-6-2020, 10:34 AM   #567
Viisbyxa
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Monstercat Tournament

Thanks for the fun tournament. It was nice to see my skills improving. Sadly I didn't practice much for the second half of the tournament, too many other (rhythm) games I want to play.

Now I remember why I quit for a while. I've had a lot of good times with the game. But FFR is just so uniquely frustrating, nothing else ever makes me as mad as this does. I'd rather play other rhythm games where practice actually helps.

I practiced this song a hundred times with mirror. I got the brutal buildup nearly perfect several times. But in the runs that aren't total garbage, I just can not move directly from doing well on that section into the minijacks and stuff, which I have absolutely no problem with otherwise. I've FCed it a few times but always with way more goods. And guess what, my best score is from when I forgot to turn on mirror and decided to see what happened. Don't know what I did because I couldn't hit the buildup this way again. I really enjoy the chart, other than that part, but since I didn't start practicing earlier in the week this is the best I can submit. Sorry for the rant.

Best AAAs: Gacha Gacha Cute Figu atto Mate [56], Song of the second moon [52], Musicmaker RX [52], Wish (Reprise) [51], Nyanyanyanyanyanyanya! [51], Exogenesis [51]
Quest for Scarhand: 3+ blackflags on Pure In Asia, blackflag on Iced Innocence
2020 update: all of these got bumped up 4 (rip Scarhand unlock), rusty, new AAA Power Rocket [56?]
2021 semiannual return: Connect (HOUSE SOUL REMIX) [57] (was blackflag from 2013), second blackflag on Call Upon the Seaponies; 2023: Polar 240 [56]
BFs: 127 and counting (as of 2013-11-10)