Thread: Culture Topic
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 07:24 PM   #5
Charles Claythorne
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to Charles Claythorne Send a message via Skype™ to Charles Claythorne
Default Re: Culture Topic

Acadian is just such a cool term. It sounds really intelligent and esoteric! I remember briefly learning about Acadians and Cajuns in American History, but I never figured they had their own unique culture and everything (I suppose that's why they were vocabulary terms!). Shame you forcibly were expatriated from your land, but it's great that there's plenty of pride and nationalism still present there!
Your poutine is bound to be better than ESCARGOTS THOUGH. It doesn't really look that bad either!

Speaking of food though, I really want to try that canjero. Food that's aesthetically pleasing, pleasantly smelling, and tasteful is the best type of food!

Also, we have sambusas in Pakistan too!!! Except we refer to them as samosas.

As I don't keep up with politics (national or global), I never realised that China wasn't behaving as a communist country. I had heard about it being very capitalistic for one under communism, but it's interesting that it's only a communist government nominally.

East Asian food is usually hit or miss for me; either I'll find the foreign taste to be oddly nice or I'll put it in my mouth and want to spit it out immediately (I'M LOOKING AT YOU, CLEAR LOOKING NOODLES).
That said, I've found delight in tasting certain foods I never would have thought of tasting as a result of its cuisine! I'm mostly a fan of seafood, so most of the things I've enjoyed are of that type of cuisine. I think I've tasted fish-bone soup before though! Or at least, something with some fish bone brought. It wasn't too bad!
And I mentioned this in the chat, but even though chicken feet doesn't sound appetising at all, THEY LOOK SO SCRUMPTIOUS.