View Single Post
Old 10-3-2008, 08:12 PM   #113
4_teddybears
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Talking Re: How to get better at FFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratchetlombax View Post
....I know that at a certain point along its journey toward the stationary marker, an arrow will suddenly turn dark. I think the instant in time that it passes, you hit the key. However, In the 50 microseconds I have to respond, the arrow shifts 1-2 frames up and winds up as either a good or a miss. I'll work on it....
Ok. Firstly, what is this about the arrow turning dark? maybe you have one of the wierd settings on, or perhaps it's your monitor, because that never happens to my arrows.

Second, this is the main thing. WTF are you talking about when you say "In the 50 microseconds I have to respond" =D. Seriously, you have 2000 times longer than that to respond and hit a perfect!

Here's why: In FFR each second is split into 30 frames. Each arrow sits within 7 of those frames. First frame is an average, second a good, next 3 are perfects, the last 2 are goods.
That means that your window for hiting a perfect is three 30ths of a second. Thats right, you've got one tenth(0.1) of a second of an ENTRIE second!

How quickly did you say that you can react? fifty microseconds!!! thats 50 millionths of a second, 50*10^-6 or 0.00005 seconds. Divide 0.1 by that, and you get 2000.
So with reactions as fast as you claim, you should not only be able to hit perfects every time, but hit them within any frame you choose!

I have considered that you may have meant milliseconds(one thousandth), in which case you would be able to react twice as quickly as was required. 50 milliseconds = one 20th of a second.

In either case you should have no problem hitting perfects, which should be hit as the moving arrow completely eclipses the stationary one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratchetlombax View Post
....I can never, ever tell when an arrow goes into the PERFECT area for me to hit it. If I hit perfect, its purely by chance... ...As soon as somebody explains to me exactly where the arrow has to be to be a PERFECT, the latter will be solved.
Hope this helps =)

Last edited by 4_teddybears; 10-3-2008 at 08:23 PM..
4_teddybears is offline   Reply With Quote