View Single Post
Old 08-1-2021, 05:11 PM   #3488
fatfuck42
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 200 Game Thread: Dichotomy

~~MAIN THREAD~~

TOWN:
haku - Pretty much lock town for me. Very very hard to imagine storn joining that wagon d0 if they're partners together.

choof/MML - Had very strong town vibes from choof, from tone to emotion to WIM to being adament about solving to sounding pretty genuinely upset over not getting any flips and the modkills, and MML has carried the torch very well. He's trying to lead town and get everybody on the same page, which I know cel took issue with since it could mean he's a wolf trying to limit the realm of possibilities, but considering I'm on the same page as him and believe it's the right move to make as well, I don't see any issues.

lewdy - Similar to choof, I don't think lewdy's faking his more emotional posts, from the excited ones to the frustrated ones and everything in between. I'll also throw in the classic meta read I have on him, where if he's active and prodding every which way then he's town. I haven't read the recent wolf game of his which people have been praising him for, but I've seen it brought up enough times in-thread where he's not playing the way he played that game to where I trust he's fine.

freezin - I've been mindmelding a lot with freezin this game, with the big ones being the haku rush being dirty and ben being a worthwhile lynch despite reading him town. He also seems committed to solving (both in thread and via OOTC), which I think wolf freezin doesn't really do? In the one game where he wolfed with sunfan and yoshl he was quieter and IIRC kind of put out his ideas without trying to rally town and convince people to believe them. Here he's fighting in the same way MML is.

TOWN LEAN:

kappa - I still really love their, "idc what you guys think, this is what I'm doing and that's that on that" attitude. They have a good balance too of committing to their reads and following through with them while also being flexible and open-minded and not tunnelling/phoning it in. Even though they have conviction in their beliefs, they still ping the thread and question people (eg asking people questions about storn in the OOTC chat to better inform their read) to try and make the best decisions they can. The only caveat is I don't know kappa as a person or a player so I'm not sure what they're like as a wolf and what they're capable of.

bugkid - Bug's kind of in the same boat as kappa for me. We've mindmelded throughout the game, basically to the same extent that I have with freezin, and they're committed to solving and pushing their ideas in an attempt to get others on board (eg messaging tforce to get him to vote storn over ben). However, to my knowledge they've yet to roll wolf in any other game, so I don't know what they're capable of. Based on my experiences with them in survivor and cybernaut, I think they'll make a really solid wolf when the time comes, so I want to approach them with an abundance of caution.

mcdaddio - If it were me in a vacuum, I'd put mcdaddio in the null category. Their style of posting fewer but lengthier messages reminds me of my earlier wolf games. However, the actual content in the posts is solid, their votes have been good, and I know we've agreed on quite a few things. Ultimately, though, it's the reads from others like bug and raeko, who I trust to read them better than I can, and also the lack of any kind of push against them thus far, that puts them in the town category.

NULL:
raeko - I think I always have a tough time reading raeko. Her wolf games and her town games feel very similar to me. Her tone, her activity levels, her style of solving, the conclusions she tends to make...all pretty indistinguishable from one alignment to the next. I think she'll be easier for me to figure out later in the game when there's fewer possibilities/actions to take and her motivations should be more obvious.

cel - Cel's reads have differed a fair bit than mine throughout this game. It's like we're not on the same page. However, I can also generally understand why he thinks what he thinks and how he arrived at those conclusions. I also really liked him trying to limit the amount of content people post and to come up with a consistent format for cross-thread talk since he values his time and so on...I think a wolf would more likely embrace that chaos and try to encourage white noise. The main reason he's null is because, and I really hate making this read, but I know what he's capable of in terms of wolfing and deception. Everything in this game is within his range. Right now I'm hoping he'll stop being an outlier in the votes so I can try to figure him out via wagonomics.

SCUM:
tforce - He was part of the haku rush, he was looking specifically for SKs, he may or may not have made a slip during his argument with dap, and, similar to my read on mcdaddio, enough people who know him better than I do are adament he's scum (bug, fg, and xiz come to mind).

xiz - He was part of the haku rush, and there's virtually zero pushback against his wagon aside from FG. I will say though that he's really been putting in the effort this phase, and I like where his head's at, and I sense his emotion and frustration and the like as being genuine...it's just that rush and that lack of pushback are too damning.