View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 07:50 AM   #24
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Can Song Rates Over 1 Count?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
avg rank is no longer the forefront of importance when it comes to ffr rank, now we have calculated top scores instead.

avg rank just becomes this long and arduous grind that only will keep growing in the future to maintain, and instead of asking people "wow this is unfair to people who grinded out levelranks", why not ask "how can we change ffr design to make ffr more appealing to stay around"
Simple, make new metrics. Have a "Songs passed" or a "Files AAA'd on 1.5" (to keep rates simple), or keep track of the AAA of each files on the highest rate (for each player) which only requires double the data (nbd).

I personally enjoy that avrank grind and it motivates me to play the latest files too. If your way to make this game more appealing is to make avrank grinding easier/faster, then mate you need to work on your game design ideas; that's a shitty solution as it not only adds nothing to the game, but yes it does remove some of the accomplishment of the people who grinded it as initially intended.

Dont fix it if it aint broken, but in this case it's worse you'd break something that's already perfectly fine just because you dont enjoy the grind. Like I said to the OP, change your focus, that's it, work on something else that the game offers (FCs, AAAs, Tier Points, Grandtotal, Skill Level (!!!), heck even stepping charts).
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote