View Single Post
Old 08-20-2022, 04:54 AM   #3
klimtkiller
D4
FFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Songs of the Week 08/20/2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiosna View Post
I'm particularly curious about how players (and steppers, I suppose) feel about Rainshower. It's the most explicitly dumpy chart in the game as far as I know of -- while ghost notes have been used for bass wobbles numerous times over multiple charts, and there's the use of ghost notes to represent a solid layer of music (e.g. synth + percussion), but I don't think there have been any charts that use ghost notes for sounds with much lighter timbres like saxophone. This does set a precedent on how ghost notes can be used in the future, and even with a small discussion among multiple judges (one of which which found the ghost notes to saxophone a bit iffy but ultimately fine), I think their word is a bit too small to be consensus or representative of the player or stepper base at large.

The existing reception towards ghost notes to bass wobbles has been mostly ambivalent leaning towards positive on FFR, but I do wonder how much a step away from the most traveled maxim of "placing notes at the start of each attack" are players and steppers willing to deviate before feeling that it's intuitively offputting to play. I think this would also be a great barometer for judges in the future, especially with the dump batch closing submissions very soon that will likely delineate what is permissible for FFR stepping and what isn't in the future.
I am strongly against dumps being in-game. this sounds like the start of a slippery slope.
klimtkiller is offline   Reply With Quote