blanky!
Banned
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to blanky!
Default Let's compile files of all FFR Songs

*UPDATE: ANY FILES RELEASED ON OR BEFORE 9/15/2011 WILL NOT NEED COLLECTION*
(credit qqwref)

Title is explanatory.

Namely, I want to do this to have all the files to convert when FFR switches to 60 FPS.
In the current state a lot of the charts have nasty framers, and while these are handled well by the GMs, it would be preferable to not have to perform as many frame fixes. Note that data is lost when converting from .sm to .swf, which is why this project is needed, as I assume .sm files are not kept on the servers.

I am calling all simfile authors to share with me their released files on FFR. If possible, please help this cause, if you want 60 FPS to ever see the light of day. Contact me on Skype, PM or e-mail me (underscoreduder@gmail.com) if you want in on this. If a file is unable to be located, I propose that files be transcribed manually, using the FFR song preview feature. Yes, this will be hard. But look at what noname219 has done with his wiki; if he can do that much, there's no reason you can't do your parts. Yes, some color notes may be off by some 192nd. But this drawback is miniscule compared to the potential benefits of this project.

I hope that this will motivate the transition to 60 FPS (and also the porting of R^3 to Haxe, as discussed by people in Skype chats). I also know that this whole idea is inherently controversial and do expect to be met with disapproval by one or more parties.

None of the sent files will be released to the community; this would violate Terms and Conditions.

If you think this is a bad idea, don't hesitate to post here. I do not see anything wrong with this (copyrights aside) and would appreciate feedback!

Last edited by blanky!; 08-29-2015 at 05:52 PM..
blanky! is offline   Reply With Quote