Old 02-7-2020, 02:39 PM   #633
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase
Default Re: TWG Turbo 29 Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pozzai View Post
I think Raeko looks okay/good from the nightkill leaving out any other info. If Quas is mafia they voted on mafia, if Quas is town eliminating the town voter on Quas in the night seems weird for a scum!Raeko team...

This kind of goes out the door if Xiz was consensus town, will read up on that later.
Quote:
In a scum!Raeko town!Quas world, killing Xiz kind of puts up a Quas vs Raeko scenario with that nk, Quazs already going for Raeko as is, killing Xiz just makes sure Quas wi tunnel them harder.
small points to pozz here for the way he's thinking about the nightkill here, I like how he tries to consider how different worlds fit in but doesn't use that as a big basis for his read. I think scum who make a nightkill to fit an agenda often try to push that agenda with reasoning like "well X was scumreading Y so Y killed X which makes them WoLF!!!!!" and I don't get that vibe here

there's a bit of pozzai interacting with mellon/shadow/charu that looks ok. He mentions that mellon seems more held back, talks to shadow about anti-alignments, and responds to charu about FFA. I guess it's not actually that much, but it leads into his reads list pretty well:

Quote:
I am probably at something like:

Aragaki
Quas
Raeko

Charu
Shadow God

FFA

I... I think I hate most of the stuff FFA says, but he somehow feel town to me. I don't know how to describe it and quite honestly can't find a point out a single thing that makes me think he's town.

I kind of agree with the statement that if he's town and survives today, he's a very high potential to die tomorrow.

Aragaki seems to want/have progressed the game a fair bit, albeit on weak premises as day1 was deadish, not certain on them at all but they're the one I felt strongest about day1.

Quas have had a decent day2 in terms of tone, and manners of interacting with people, where Aragaki is on a bit of a downwards trajectory, Quas is moving slightly upwards.

Raeko feels wrong for me, but I have a few interactions I'll talk about later I feel like makes her townier than I "want her to be"

Charu and Shadow_God I need to see a bit more from today, I don't get the same "tonal" read Aragaki(I think) gave him, and Charu didn't really have much opportunity to do stuff day1.
I think the overall positioning of the reads is solid, but what I'm more interested is in how he handles them over time. I like how he has movement in them with quas going up and me going down because I think that's a natural things for town to do. As the game progresses and people do things I would hope that it affects your read of them, and what I've often noticed wolves do is have more static reads and try to fit a person's behavior into a read, rather than the other way around.

the one thing I don't like is the hedging on FFA. At this point Charu had already made his case for FFA and it feels like pozzai doesn't want to attach himself to a mislynch here. If charu is wolf then I think pozzai definitely has partner equity as its a case of both wolves not wanting to hard push the mislynch. If charu is town I think pozzai can still be wolf from this since he's adding some weight to the case but soft defends him too.

He pushes me some on me not pushing my neutrals enough. I like this cause it does have some of that spice to it where he's getting in my face about something that he perceives as potentially wolfy.

this post is good because he's already trying to think of pairings. I think wolves have to work harder to "look" for pairings since there's no actual need for them to do so and pozz feels pretty organic here

Quote:
As said, I kind of slightly believe FFA is towny, but he's dead in the waters unless he actually posts something of relevance, so I'm just letting him sink really.

I can't describe why outside his indignation(being the important word, he doesn't feel "caught for the wrong reasons") of being read scum, and his repeated attempts at taking credit day1 for a Dusk flip, which turned out to be town.

I dislike almost everything he says and does, and I have no idea how to read people's pushes on him, because I don't think they're actually "bad"

I do not like how easily you flipped on Charu as a potential partner on him though, because I think if I come into this day as his partner, I am sacking him, like always.
There's is close to 0 chance with the gamestate and people's points about FFA day1, that a team of FFA, X wins in F5, at that point if you're X, you go for the win in F3, and sack FFA while you still can get "credit" for being against him.

I will say that the flipping on Charu as FFA's partner, probably makes you very unlikely partner with FFA, as you essentially close off an avenue, or will have to majorly backtrack at some point.

@Quas the thing I was pondering earlier was #113 alongside a few of Raeko's other posts a bit before and after that.
If FFA flips scum, I think Raeko never talks to FFA like that as a partner.
This post is interesting since it takes away a lot of what I had said about pozzai soft defending FFA but letting him die. I feel like it's a wolfy thing to do that a wolf wouldn't want to draw attention to, so him calling it out and just letting it sit is a better look.

Quote:
Can you talk to me about Charu, how would you generally differentiate between town/scum and what is your read on them currently?
I also like this post; at the moment raeko is in the town pile and charu is in the nulls. Interacting with the nulls is good, but interacting with townreads to help solve the nulls is an extra step that towns are more likely to do. I think it's a red flag if pozz uses what mellon says to toss charu in the scum pile too quickly but that doesn't happen

too lazy to actually quote all the D3 posts but he's digging and being invested at lylo is always a + as someone already mentioned.

I think he's town; his progression on his reads makes sense and his push on me was villagery, although I do wish he had pushed it a *little* bit more. He's actively thinking about a lot of worlds and trying to solve his ???s

pikakirby123 reincarnated